Which soap actor that made it big surprised you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brandon Routh from OLTL to Superman??? Really??? He was barely tolerable as Seth. How anyone ever thought that he'd be a great Superman is beyond me. He's had some decent primetime television work....maybe not "big" success but he seems to keep getting employed. 

• Members

I thought he was down right awful on OLTL. That one surprised me too.

Lord….I saw him in that movie with Blossom…..the guy looks great!  I thought he was ok to good in that movie.

He has to be one of the worst actors to come from soaps. He was awful on Passions, DHW and Dallas. I don't understand why he gets employed.

• Members

Ryan McPartlin was okay in that one TV movie last year. Not the Christmas one( that one was terrible!) but the Halloween one. 

Jesse skated by one his looks until he started drinking and bloated up and his dbag attitude caused people to stop caring. It was so strange Dallas hired him after people stopped giving a damn about him. He's working the Hallmark circuit now. The male leads there don't need to have acting skills they just have to make women gush. 

Lindsey is a good actress outside of GH's terrible scripts. 

• Members

Jordana Brewster - pretty (before she destroyed her face), but nothing else going on 

Lindsey McKeon - she's a lot better in primetime than she was on GL 

Jonathan Bennett - I liked him on AMC but I was surprised when he became bigger in Mean Girls and such 

Alison Sweeney - she was always more than good enough on DAYS (especially in her first 5-10 years as Sami), but I never really thought she'd have the primetime success she's had 

Jason Biggs - I liked him on ATWT but I just thought he'd vanish the way most kid actors do

• Members

Bennett was outed as gay almost immediately (though I don't think he's admitted it despite it now being common knowledge) but still works on the fringe of TV. He never really made it far beyond Mean Girls. I guess he hosts Cake Wars?

Jordana Brewster's role in the F&F movies may have dried up with Paul Walker gone, but after four or five of those I doubt she needs to work much. That said those movies are also very focused on the ongoing "family" so I imagine they'll find something for her to do.

I'd forgotten Jason Biggs came back with OITNB.

Ali was in the right place at the right time and is clearly a very shrewd businesswoman.

Archived