Popular characters who've never worked for you

• Members

Michelle Bauer - GL

Claire Ramsey's daughter should have been A LOT more interesting.  I was halfway entertained when Joie Lenz was in the role, but the pairing with Danny Santos sucked the life out of her.  By the time the show ended, the part was played by that horrible actress and I was way over it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is probably blasphemy for most but Hope Brady has always been a snooze to me. I don't get her popularity. She had a couple of good storylines, but I don't like her as an actress or a character at all. Sam on GH. She is so monotone and dull to me. Skye/Robin Christopher-I think she is a good actress but her character was a hot mess that was all over the place. And I know she was popular with the Sax pairing but I think she anti-chemistry with everyone they tried to pair her with afterward.

• Members

Gwen Norbeck (ATWT). I got the feeling she was really popular but I never got the hype. I suppose she was supposed to be street wise, poor, misunderstood plain jane who the guys could see beneath her facade to love. But I guess with all the singing and the unrealistic position of these TEEN BOYS (more than one)looking past several (more than one) more beautiful and engaging girls, I just couldn't buy it. Then all the singing...I wasn't feeling it. 

Adam (Y&R). He's a sociopath. Sociopaths just do not work as romantic leads for me. Especially when he had used and hurt every woman that came into his orbit.  Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Then the quickie teeny bopper fairy tale romance with Chelsea annoyed me. I didn't buy them. And that persists to this day. Too bad the show revolves around them now.

cane (Y&R). He's not attractive. But folks seem to think he's hot. He has a weird looking body and the weirdness has been exascerbated by some weight that I think he may have put on due to not being able to work out from the elbow injury (poor guy). The 267 back stories just destroyed him. Cons are typically interesting. Not this one. .I find it hard to believe that Neil can sleep at night knowing that this is who his only daughter beds down with. 

Bridgette ( B&B). She's always just been ho hum. I was never able to relate to her. When Jennifer Finnegan was in the role, everyone thought she was so great. But i found Bridgette to be a bore. Not even when they flirted around with ridge and bridgette could I be  pursauded fo care. Ashley Jones was more relatable but then they couldn't find anything to do with her and started the Nick saga. I couldn't muster interest there either.

Archived