Y&R: Beating the Odds

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which makes the whole exchange of Billy stupid. I hate when they have to do a damn short emotional arc that has the character hospital bound to switch up the actors. It is stupid. Just send the character away for a week and bring them back as the new actor. No need for them to all stand over the bed and cry over Billy when we all know it won't amount to sh-t. Once he wakes up, Jack and Ashley will continue to scream and scold him. Jill will continue not to interact with him. Snorboria will continue to sob and blame all the woes in her life on him. So f-cking stupid....

• Members

I blame the writers who mostly caved into Billy Miller's wants for the character that destroyed him in the process...

I also get that we do need a next generation of Abbotts vs Newmans, but I never got the whole Victor vs.Billy thing.....I don't know if it's mostly cause I just hate hearing Braeden mumbling "Billyboy" every effing moment, but If they had decided to not write Billy as the loser he has been the last 7 years or so, I feel like there would be no reason for Victor to hate Billy to begin with whether or not he was with Victoria, and even if it was only because he was Jack's brother....

• Members

I actually enjoyed Billy Miller's Billy until they tossed him in Victoria's orbit. That killed the character for me. I enjoyed him being an unapologetic playboy that sniffed around Lily when he first returned to town. I LOVED Billy/Chloe's loveless marriage and the fact that Jill's son/Esther's daughter were tied to each other. I enjoyed Billy with Heather. Hell, I thought he and Sharon were hot together, but once he got paired with Victoria, all the life got sucked out of him. 

I get MAB wanted to do a Romeo/Juliet story with Victoria and Billy but it's been a major flop for me. I would've probably been more interested if it was Keemo/Victoria instead of Billy. I had high hopes that Billy would've fell into the role Jack used to assume and be a notorious philanderer/business screw up while Jack moved into the role John once occupied. I had hoped that Chloe would've been Billy's Jill--the thorn in his side that he couldn't resist at times. Adam should've been the Victor to Billy's Jack. Instead, we got none of that. 

I also had high hopes that they might've done the same thing with Noah/Kyle but instead, we got Luca serving as Noah's rival instead. Yeah, I like Luca he's assuming the role that Kyle should have but I digress. I could go on an everlasting tangent as to why Y&R is such a sh*tpile now. 

Archived