2016: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I think they are grooming him to replace Jill who would be voluntarily retiring.. Sony has to be happy with her and the ratings.  I don't believe she would be fired.   Her contract is up this late summer. So it makes sense he'd be brought ifor six to nine months to shadow her.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill will be 66 this year, right? The general retirement age in the US is typically 65, so there could be an argument to be made.

However, Jill just doesn't strike me as one of those people who will stop working. Maybe Sony or CBS is giving her a corporate gig? She's won a million Emmy's and has been in the industry for over 30 years after all. 

• Members

In the 2015 thread, I had mentioned that the CBS on air credits for B&B showed Mark Pinciotti listed as a writer every day since late December. The CBS.Com/International credits still don't list him.

Last week, Heather Tom tweeted a picture of the script for the next episode she's directing (tape date, Feb 3, Air Date March 14). It lists Bell, Minnis, Pinciotti and Patrick Mulcahey as writers. So I guess Mark is part of the writing staff now if his name is listed on the script. I wonder when it will show in the CBS.Com/International credits?

• Members

Why would Jill quit YR when her ratings are fabulous and she doesn't strike me the kind of woman to retire early. Barbara Walters was 67 when she launched the view and didn't retire until 2 years ago anf it wasn't full retirement. Jill seems like hardcore balls to walls kind of woman. She seems she lives for this job

Archived