2016: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are hiring writer's assistants who are probably paid close to minimum scale (Klein, Topits, Quan).  It's obvious that they are going to get rid of the high paid veteran writers. Dunn is going, Griffith is out.  Salmons out. See the trend.....

My guesses for who's next

Milstein moves into Dunn's breakdown role

I think it's possible Broderick, Cherrill and the Cullitons will go. Draughon has confirmed on FB that he's still there.

I've also heard that Annie Schoettle rejoined Days in October when she left YR..but not sure if that's true

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just noticed on the 5/23 episode that Randy Dugan is no longer listed as coordinating producer for DAYS, was this recent or did I miss something awhile back?

never mind, the name was in a different spot than expected.  Was it always after the writers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Y&R:

- Christopher Dunn first listed as Breakdown Writer on June 14

Since DAYS writes so far in advance, he'll continue to be listed until probably August/September (whenever the new regime starts). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

GH:

- Charlotte Gibson first listed as Script Writer on June 30

Last time she was a soap was about 8-9 years ago. 

• Members

Is Chuck Pratt out at YR?  He's removed YR/ep title from his Facebook work profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toups:  In May: tyler topits wrote one of two episodes you have listed for Richard Culltion. And in April one of Ford's scripts was incorrectly listed as written by Salmon..Jason47 confirmed both on facebook in recent months...

Archived