Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

If I didn't have work during the week it would be easier to marathon my classic Y&R episodes...LOL, I sort of try to watch a couple scenes from various episodes saved on my computer that I'm just in the mood to see, haha.

It's not even funny how much of a chore it is to watch the current soaps......

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not another bratty son who blames daddy's new wife for mommy's death story :rolleyes:

I like this Luca and Adam team up and how we're still not sure if Adam plans on actually betraying Victor or not.

Now Victor and Aunt Jacklyn are going to fight over Kevin's get rich quick tech scheme huh? Okay

I wish everyone would put that crazy Phick stan/Sharon Case hater on ignore already and stop engaging it.

Agreed all around. I really liked the scene, though it reminded me of the little random Emmy bait material JFP used to throw at Leslie C/Monica every blue moon at GH whenever they would play the Jason has brain damage card. 

• Members

you know.....as much as I bitch and complain about him a lot.....I think i'm at the point now where I can't help but just laugh out loud whenever Victor is on......it's almost like this weird comic relief just because he's so cartoonish. so I figure Pratt must be trying to sell all of Braeden's scenes as some weird comedy so I might as well just go along with it.....

Image result for macaulay culkin the good son

Pratt is so gonna rip off this Culkin movie with Stitch's kid....

• Members

I feel just the opposite. I am at my end with Victor. When he says "Billy boy" it makes me want to scream. That's a problem since he does it 5 times every episode.  It's become a terrible tic. 10 years ago I would have used it as a drinking game. Someone needs to tell him to stop.

• Members

Is Dr. Anderson really Sheila? I hate to say it, but the deeper this gets, the more I'm kinda digging Sandy's manipulations. And, I said in December, it's great that everything doesn't go as she initially plots - like advising Nick to stay away from Sage and he ignores it. It's actually refreshing to see this kind of character not play a compete puppetmaster, but has to constantly rework when things shift.

Honestly, except for a few scenes (poor JW having to use up three months of dialogue in an OTT, illogical rant), the show has been more than watchable. At least the stories are bringing big groups of character together (with far fewer two character scenes), moving things along quickly, not having down right stupid characters (Luca immediately questioning Adam, who we know isn't going to betray Victor), integrating Luca and Marissa, the most promising and intriguing actors the show has added in a long time (I liked the Chelsea/Marissa idea, but what struck me was when JH walked in on them - Adam/Marissa - NOW that was bring us some real steam), etc.

Believe me, I thought the show would be completely off-the-rails by now, but it's now. And, even though we knew Max was somehow going to be around, I certainly did not expect them to bring him on in this manner. And, suddenly Abby/Stitch, is more than just Stitch 'rescuing' Ashley.

• Members

More than watchable?!?  Really??

Phyllis was raped by Marco repeatedly with no consequence.  

Neil kidnapped Hilary and hid her in the boathouse for months, again with no consequence.  The "Doctor" that used her as a Guinea pig is now accepted as somewhat of a brilliant scientist working with Ashley at the Jabot Lab! :blink:  And the enabler Gwen has also apparently gotten away Scot-free.  

The other crazy doc running around town was somehow able to convince Nick and Paprika that their baby died, engage an accomplice to steal him from the hospital and then drug Sharon into complete oblivion (apparently) to make her believe that she was actually pregnant AND gave birth!! :blink:

Apart from the stories, the show feels clunky.  Characters are off screen for weeks at a time, the stories in limbo, while other stories are told at the speed of light.  

For example, our sweet heroine Sag moved out of Tac house, lived with Adam and Chelsea, then moved into her old condo and reunited with Nick all in a weeks time.  How do you get involved in a story that moves that fast.  While I'm on the subject, KSu in her scenes with Doc A yesterday was horrible.  She changes moods at the drop of a hat.

I will say Luca and Marissa are good new characters, not due to the story they've been in but the actors charisma.

Given how sloppy UpChuck has been so far I can't understand how one can say the show isn't off the rails.  It is.  In fact, it's left the rails and is a giant smoldering pile of [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

There is NOTHING worth watching on this show aside from a few cast performances. A few.

The stories are a horrible plot convoluted mess. No, wait, 'convoluted' would somehow signify complexity, but there is nothing complex about any storyline.

• Members

I haven't watched regularly in a long time. I tuned in today and Jess Walton was on. It was great to see her and Jill. The rest of the show is still a horrible mess. I am just waiting to see JT as recast BA. Then I will tune out again. Also it was nice seeing Tracy again the other day….

• Members

Thank you, to both.

I seriously become worried when people say the show is, by any means, good. :lol: Enjoyable? Entertaining? OK, that's up to each individual's opinion and taste. But good, or even "not that bad"? :mellow:

Archived