Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's wrong with Mariah being gay?  Every other soap has had a gay SL. She can't  just stand around being rude and sarcastic  and sticking her nose into other character's business forever.  She needs a SL of her own.  She is not the typical romantic lead. So why not let her put her great acting skills to work for an important and long overdue story?

• Members

A year of Pratt, wow. He hasn't inflicted as much damage as I thought he would and I like his use of the vets and the focus on Newman's vs Abbots in business stories. The material is pretty damn stupid but mindlessly entertaining, he's more tolerable than MAB and more thrilling than Griffin and Jelly. 

Who in charge thinks we care enough about Stitch and Abby to sit through not only a wedding but a honeymoon too? NEXT.

Its obvious TPTB realize Camryn Grimes worth because despite what the Sharon anti stans would have you believe she's on a lot, unfortunately she's saddled with Kevin and no story of her own.

I enjoy Phyllis giving Aunt Jacklyn and Snoretoria hell! Jess Walton is doing great work with very little.

:lol: @ MEK just grabbing Billy's chart and giving a consult to Jill and the fam

Noah bumping into Billy is so stupid, Noah has no real reason to keep quiet. Honestly they could have left it at Billy Boy's bookie beating him up so badly he had to get reconstructive surgery in time for JT to takeover.

• Members

Camryn Grimes is a good enough actress to be a romantic lead, I don't care if she doesn't look like the other young actresses on the show. I think she is pretty enough anyways.

Also why does Mariah need to be gay just because she doesn't look a certain way? I don't get any vibes from Mariah that should indicate that she's a lesbian but you're basically saying that ugly people should be gay which is kind of homophobic 

• Members

I fully expect to endure another year of Pratt. I suppose by next month we'll endure the fallout of the baby switch coming to light. By May Ashley's continued aneurysms start to make her go crazy and sets the Abbott mansion on fire. Come July we'll see Neil set up Cane in a Saw-like trap out of revenge for cheating on Lily with Gwen. By October as the anniversary of Delia's death comes to pass Chloe sets up a bomb in Adam's car, only for it to explode on Esther who's become Conor's nanny. By November Nikki accidentally shoots Faith when she was actually aiming for Victor. 

Although the story is dreadful and just terribly written, watching Jill tell off nasty Grandpa Gasbag was quite delightful, especially when Victor actually displayed a flabbergasted look. 

The Noah twist is dumb and not needed at all. 

I actually like Dr. Nelson he's certainly one of the more intriguing characters as of late. So are Luca and Marisa in a way. 

• Members

Mariah is the smartest person in Genoa City. I love how she loves to call EVERYONE out on their nonsense!! It's her hobby and she owns it! So sassy :) But what is she doing with Kevin?! Ugh.

"Billy, wake up, damn it".... Uh, cussing him out won't wake him up lady.

Phyllis is driving me up a wall. I love Gina Tognoni but Phyllis is a self righteous shrew.

So how long will Abby be happy for? Ha! What a ditz.

Is it just me or does Victoria/AH always look like a witch? Amelia Heinle is pretty so I'm sure it's the way they style her. It's rather fitting, considering...

Victor is the worst. And does he really need to say "Billy Boy Abbott" 3 times in the same scene?

Archived