DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John Houseman taught her about acting?  You mean to tell me Dena [!@#$%^&*] Higley graduated from Juilliard?

I wish I could believe that.  I really do.

Regardless, as wonderful as JM has been as Stefano in the past, Stefano DiMera has outlived his usefulness as a villain by 25 years.  If they haven't finally killed him off for real, they should -- and they should make it stick.

• Members

RE: Stefano's possible exit - I'm not watching the show myself, but didn't anyone at DAYS think that there have been TOO MANY deaths in the last few months? It must be depressing for a viewer to have to sit through so many.

• Members

If Mascolo is really done(and I have no faith in this.  Did Hope use the gun Stefano told her to shoot him with? I was only half paying attention, but if it had blanks....) The death toll has been way too high in recent months. Whatever happened to just leaving town? Going to jail? Just sayin'   It would have been better to have Stefano go to Italy and leave Andre in charge. kind of like Sally Spectra's world tour.

• Members

Sounds like a golden opportunity to use loads & loads of flashbacks!! :) 

I understand their reasoning behind killing off Bo. And Paige and Serena were useless in the first place. I'm amazed Kassie DePaiva is still onscreen, quite frankly. 

Killing Stefano off for good would make sense as well, if the writing were there for a great soapy murder mystery. Since the actor is in poor health with a recent stroke, one leg is paralyzed, plus he's suffering from Alzheimer's, there's really no reason to prolong Stefano's existence. 

But adding Will and Daniel to the death count is unnecessary, especially since they knew ahead of time that Bo would be dying. Why add Will to that? And with Stefano dying the second week of January, why write off Daniel by death one week prior? With the way they love to have the men of Salem verbally rape Nicole at any chance they get, surely there could've been a buildup to a breakup between Daniel & Nicole, and he leaves Salem to go fight tigers in Africa or something wonderfully heroic that'll eventually get him killed offscreen. 

• Members

killing Daniel is the best thing they could have done for Nicole. Ari is finally coming alive again

This Hope and Rafe stuff is so stupid. How the hell does he think he can cover up this murder? Like Hope said, Andre knows she was there making threats

Phillip and Belle are so cringeworthy. He looks like he's 50. Whats the deal with Chloe and Belle? Do they have issues? Chloe seemed to be throwing shade with the way she addressed the two

Aidan was killed off too :angry: And of course Paige and Serena, not that anyone cares, but still. At this point, I want to move to Salem and open up a funeral home business

• Members

Here's one quote about his "disappearing" (that's a strange term to use) health: 

"There have been several reports that Joseph Mascolo’s health has been disappearing recently. In an emanate of National Enquirer, an inside source offering a few sum on what led to Mascolo’s firing. The uncover insider claimed that a 86-year-old actor had been traffic with Alzheimer’s illness for over a year before he suffered a crippling cadence final March.

If this news is true, it would positively be formidable for Mascolo to keep adult a chaotic gait during “Days of Our Lives.”

The source remarkable that Mascolo began to have problem remembering lines as a outcome of his condition. Mascolo has been wheelchair firm for a while now as well. “Days” attempted to work around it by essay in a heart conflict for Stefano. However, it appears a producers were apropos increasingly endangered for Mascolo’s health. “It’s so comfortless to be declare to his solid decline,” pronounced a insider." 

• Members

I get Hope's stance more than Rafe's. He should be kicked off the force and sent to jail for his covering up a crime. He's so much for obeying the law and getting criminals when it's other people like Chad, but heaven for bid Sami, his sister or Hope murders people. That's ok and he needs to cover!

They really dropped the ball with Gabi's return too, JJ's commenting on Chad just had me eye rolling when he's dating a cold blooded killer who shot his own unarmed cousin 3 times and one of the times was in the back. Abby should have rolled her eyes and the Horton's should have a lot more conflict over JJ's choice of current companion compared to Chad. Gabi's committed more crimes and even is partially responsible for the explosion of Salem that killed Jack! Yet she's treated like a special snowflake. 

• Members

Ugh at the Daniel sob-fest today. Kayla sobbing over him was a bit much.

Ari is doing well selling Nicole's grief. Loved Nicole and Marlena.

Chabby was great. I like JJ being protective of Abby. I know it's wrong but I'm LOLing at Jen hobbling around.

And how dumb were Rafe and Hope hanging around Stefano's dead body as they argued over what to do. So no one in that house heard three gunshots? LOL, come on ...

Belle and Philip popped up halfway through. I'm not hating them together. And I liked Chloe walking in on them. I was hoping we'd get scenes with all of them together.

• Administrator

Stefano's death should've been bigger and involved more characters, particularly John and Marlena. It should've been Marlena the one who killed him.   He was DAYS' biggest and most well known villain and he goes out like that? With no storyline? Killed for something he didn't do? Come on.   

Stefano was one of my favourite characters and I'm disappointed with how his story ended.  

• Members

Imo Marlena or John should have always been the one to kill Stefano for good. Marlena would be my choice after everything. Even Roman.  I mean, I know Hope had her Dimera issues, but Stefano/Marlena/John/Roman was the 90's and certainly outweighs Hope getting the job done.  Very disappointing.

Archived