DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly!! They shove him down our throats for years, than make him irrelevant right when the drama demands he be on the screen.

Abby asks Chad if he's back and yet they don't thoroughly question what happened or take precautions against it happening again. OK. Anyway, good to see the kitten and spider montage again. <_<

I did feel for Nicole today. Normally I kind of roll my eyes at the yelling at god scenes. So cliche, but poor Nicole talking about her lost babies.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but I got a flash of OLTL yesterday... the knowing looks and soda sips from those two boys when Theo was talking about being bullied reminded me of Jack and Shane.

• Members

So magically Chad's normal again? LMAO. Ok. I loved the scenes though.

Hope and Rafe didn't need to be on today, and if they had to be, then put them at the hospital. That neither of them is there is glaring. And lol at Rafe basically saying how high when Hope tells him to jump.

I liked the Marlena and John aspect today.

And that has to be one of the fastest heart transplants ever. And just magically of course Brady's accepting it.

I want to love all of this but man, things are just too rushed and the show feels like a mess with too many beats to play that they are rushing through. Sigh.

• Members

Agreed. Could be red herrings but my guess is it's Chase. The actor, to me, gave it away with his sip of the soda. Chase wasn't exactly as quick to jump on the Theo bandwagon around the table. JMO. I think it's Chase. WHich is fine because the actors playing Chase and Theo are decent enough and can hopefully grow with the right material. Meanwhile, Vivian Jovanni continues to look completely uncomfortable. I think she's trying to give Ciara a tough girl attitude but it comes off all wrong. Yet the actress playing Claire was cool as could be and has already proven to be far better. Yet Jovanni's the one on contract. OK.

• Members

Forgot about that. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty clear.

Oh and AZ has her Emmy reel after today. She got me when she brought up her dead babies as she railed at God. I sometimes cringe at a scene like that but for the character of Nicole, who goes through loss after loss, it felt right for me and for the character. I know I'm nitpicking but I wish she'd bring up that she and Brady are BFFs and Eric was the love of her life before Daniel. I mean ... certain aspects of this storyline are just falling flat.

And it seemed fitting that Carolyn Culliton wrote it all. Her scripts often had a lot of Daniel worship. And ugh at Jennifer and Abby's reactions. Jennifer was only on to react about Daniel. So awful.

Anyone wanna bet Nicole is preggers and this is the baby she gets to keep.

I'd love for Chloe to just casually drop it that Daniel isn't Parker's father and Phillip really is. Stephanie changed the results and then they can bring Stephanie back with that ...

• Members

Well it was stupid of them to change it to begin with. Chloe hasn't exactly been written great anyway, this would be no different. I know it's sooo lazy but IDC. LOL. And I guess I didn't state it clearly but Stephanie would have known, not Chloe. But then Chloe was all "gotta get Daniel" levels of crazy in March 2013 so ... it struck me at the time that she could have been lying, but then they had Stephanie back it up. I know none of it will happen and it's ridiculous but, again, IDC ... lol. Days has done worse.

• Members

I'm torn. If they wrote Nicole as someone who never wanted children, I'd be behind that all the way. Soaps need more women who just don't want children and don't change their minds about it when they have an oopsie. Since we've seen Nicole struggle through losses and she's been written as wanting children I wouldn't mind if she finally gets to have her baby. Who cares if it's Daniel's? He's dead.

• Members

Poor Nicole... If she isn't being verbally bashed by every man in Salem, then all her loved ones around her are dying. 

How many women, past and present, could come to Daniel's funeral to weep about their one-time love and throw themselves at the coffin? Let's do a three-generation sob fest with Kate, Billie, and Chelsea.  Did Julie Pinson's Billie ever do anything with him? Can't remember. 

Archived