DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Heart transplants on soaps are such a joke now. I wish they wouldn't even bother going there. A double-whammy? Good grief. Does Jennifer have to take any type of heart medication for the transplant of her own heart?? 

Meanwhile, they're currently filming Summer in Salem, and Eric Martsolf will no doubt be shirtless with no scars on his chest. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Were Marlena and John even told about the transplant? We didn't even get to see John/Marlena discuss the situation.   Did I miss those scenes?  Because I was surprised when John said he would be Brady's donor.   And no Marlena/Maggie scene either. 

The new teen seems like he can act, from what little we saw.  So is he playing a sorased-kid or a new character?  His name wasn't even mentioned once. 

• Members

In all my years watching soaps I've only seen one good heart transplant story - Maxie's on GH. And even that was somewhat spoiled by seeing her grow up to become such a waste of space. 

They're just trite, tired storylines that never have lasting consequences.

• Members

did I miss an episode? When the hell did JJ learn all this info to tell Jen?

Why is no one making mention that Jennifer got a heart transplant, one performed by Daniel. Its kind of ironic

Its probably like 3AM. Why are these teens out? Belle has no clue where her child is. You would think after that blowup, she'd check up on her

As silly as this set up is, Im liking the conflict with Maggie. Suzanne Rogers is stepping up.

How the hell does Abby have the DNA results 20 minutes after it was done? WTF?!? That thing takes days to week on normal circumstances unless its a rush, which this is not. Lets not forget that its New Years, making this even more unbelievable bc all labs are closed. Abby is going to regret getting this test bc I have a feeling Chad will now fight her for custody

Ava's son?

John's old ass trying to be a donor is ridiculous. 

• Members

JJ was standing at the door listening today when Kayla was talking to Maggie. I had no idea Jen had a heart transplant. I do think it's odd that no one has mentioned to Maggie that Eric was driving under the influence. That seem pretty relevant to the decision making process. I'm not saying Eric doesn't deserve a heart, I certainly think everyone deserves a second chance. Still, Maggie should know all the information.

John trying to be a donor would be ridiculous even if he were a 30 year old athlete. No hospital is going to take a heart from a healthy living donor. If John were serious, he's have to pull a Storm, not go making grand announcements.

I forgot that Daniel had transplant Jennifer's own heart back to her.  This was during an awful story where Hope was in prison and Jennifer went to work at the prison and discovered that the warden was selling the inmates organs. Robin Mattson played one of the inmates it was hinted that her and the female warden were lovers. I think Dena Higley wrote that mess i remember it lasted months. That was the Night Time Hope Sage Hope unable to sleep started talking sleeping pills. While on these pills Hope started mugging man. That's How Fancy Face ended up in prison. I swear i didn't make this crap up it's on Hope's Wikipedia page.

• Members

I dont blame you bc they NEVER bring it up when it should be a recurring issue with her

So JJ overheard Kayla, but that doesnt explain why or how he knew Eric was driving drunk bc as you mention, that didnt come up in the convo

I was thinking about Storm, which was stupid at the time too bc he didtn know if he would even be a match for Katie. John doesnt know if he is and he'd have to kill himself

When Maggie was saying how she could look at Caroline if she chose Brady, I thought, hmmmmm, that'll give Caroline an excuse to go after your man

• Members

I could buy John Black having a ticker that can run 300 years, the ridiculous thing is offering up your heart. I don't care how much you love the person, that is just ridiculous. It's Salem, maybe he's assuming his heart will just regenerate with some help from the Dimera Lab?

If he was serious about that and not just doing it for attention, he should have wrote a letter with his intentions and strapped it on and then shot himself outside a hospital room .

• Members

Always is the same story. New writing team with a lot of new ideas and promises, but after a couple of weeks all is a mess! Absolutely disappointing! Why is so difficult to write a good episodes? I can’t understand it. They don’t feel the characters. They only write a lot of stupid twist without emotion like the accident. Watching this scene, I’ve felt I’ve watched an old episode of the eighties, is the same kind images, the same faces… And after this, one dumb storyline with two dudes and one heart. 

And what can I said about A. Martinez’s character? A new contract role for what? The pacing is awful. After three months of his debut his storyline in what point is his storyline? I think with only two week Eduardo could be in the same point. I don’t think this is a good way to introduce a new character. But it’s the same with other cast members like Eric, Eve or Jennifer, only a few appearance in months. 

• Members

Brady's was hurt in the wreck. Eric's was a pre-existing condition.

And this whole Brady gets Daniel heart thing reeks of Brady falling in love with Nicole again because he has Daniel's heart.

I don't see why the needed to give Eric a heart condition. Maggie would never chose him over Brady. The drama of her choosing is pretty pointless.

• Members

Days timeline is making ZERO sense today.  Chad talks to Abby about how she stormed into his room to tell him about his son last night. Last night? Its the same night! Then she tells him that JJ told her that Jennifer is going to be released today. WTF? She was just admitted like 2 hours ago. They are acting like a day has passed for them but the episode picked up exactly where it left off yesterady. There was no time jump

I kind of feel like that scene of Kayla explaining to John, Marlena and Maggie the severity of Eric and Brady's conditions should have happened a day or 2 ago. That should have been the scene of John and Marlena finding out instead of it being offscreen

Maggie: "How many years did we spend not knowing Daniel was part of our lives" He wasnt in yours but he's always been in Victor's

The Rafe and Hope material had no business in this episode. It ruined the flow of the hospital drama with her annoying ranting about the Dimeras. They should have had her find out about Jennifer and Eric and be there for them

Sami should really be here for Eric but bc of the way they wrote her out, they cant even utilize her, at least not until EJ returns. They really shouldnt have her in hiding from the Dimeras

Archived