DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

I find Days boring and depressing. I just don't care about John's secret origins. John's ''mothers'' sofa looked just like Stefano's. I must say the production values do look better but not by much. I have been watching Days since 1986 present day Days it's not on the same level. I'm glad your enjoying Days i wish i was.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey Giddens said one show is going to play with sexual fluidity and it's fairly obvious they are going to make Paul BI and have a triangle with JJ and Gaby which will be interesting to see..not sure it will work.  

And I do think alot of what they are doing could be seen as depressing but every episode has been fairly compelling and I've watched every episode for six months which I haven't done in a decade.  The show has been so boring or so bad for so long; it's entertaining now.  The Ave/Steve baby scenes were outstanding.  TB even made the scenes last week with Joey work.  All of Victor and Maggie scenes lately have been classics.  Arianne as Nicole has done an amazing job revitalizing the character.  

The only dead spot for me so far is A Martinez; his acting is terrible so far and the character is not interesting yet.  

Brandon Beemer is electric in his scenes; wow so much more vulnerable and interesting to watch than Jason Cook.  Smart move Days.  

There are still issues with the show. But it looks like NBC renewed it so that's a feat worth celebrating.   And if Paul goes that's fine.  These writers can't write gay, at least with Dena on the writing staff. Perhaps when Beth's material airs (and I'm hoping Dena is gone) we will see a more contemporary Salem again.  But rather they not try with a fundamentalist Christian as a co-headwriter.  Not sure what's up with Griffith in this regard.  I would have guessed that he could pen gay characters.  But Corday and Higley were probably the leads in deciding to kill off Will and I would bet Sony was egging them on given there are also no gay plots/characters on Y&R and really have never been any of consequence.

• Members

Blah not interested at all. Id rather them write off Paul. I'm so done with this soap. 

I thought Jason Cook did a great job and Ive never been a fan of his. Brandon Beemer just looks good on screen. His acting isn't that great. It wasn't Days decision to get Beemer. Jason Cook didnt want to do a long contract. So Brandon should be thanking Jason for a job….LOL

No one on daytime soaps can. At least Paul(the actor) can act …I can't say that about Beemer.

• Members

I never had a problem with Beemer in the role. I don't find that he's any better or worse than Jason Cook. He's done fine in the little that's he been given thus far. The triangle has NONE of the heat it originally had back when JKJ was playing Phillip. JPL is literally Phillip in name only and all of his tics as Rex have re-emerged.

• Members

Agreed about JPL. He's Phillip in name only and a very slight resemblance to JKJ. Just a placeholder. I'm not that into the Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle at the moment.

I don't mind Beemer. I quite enjoyed his scenes with Olivia Rose Keegan. I really like seeing Shawn in 'dad' mode. It works for his character just like Bo and Shawn were so close when Shawn was a kid. I always loved their father/son bond.

It also doesn't help the triangle that all three are recasts (though I'm happy with Madison and Beemer and have no fondness for Storms' version), they lack the heat, and on-screen history. Not to mention Belle's been a royal bitch for the most part and they haven't bothered to give her scenes to explain her behavior or delve deeper into why she's acting like she'd rather be anything but a mother or a wife.

Archived