DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, way to ruin Eric, having him be a drunk driver that kills Daniel. Danie' is a saint in this town and probably the most beloved man (puke!). Having Eric kill him off like this pretty much tarnishes him and outside of the Brady clan,  this will turn everyone against him. Not here for eeryone coming down on him like the town pariah

So Maggie is faced with the choice of whether to give Daniel's heart to Brady or Eric...why is this a choice? Brady, duh! Thats her husband's grandson. It doesnt even seem like a question

Why was Jennifer in this car accident? From a narrative standpoint, I dont see what purpose it served especially since she only suffered minor injury and the cause of the accident is known

Remember that overzealous Daniel stan from a while back? I wonder if someone should go check in on her after today....lol

• Members

How shitty of a way for Nicole to start the year. I'm not sad over Daniel but she can never catch a break. LOL. All three of her men are in the hospital from the same wreck.

It's a bit much having both Eric and Brady needing trasplants. Come on. Even if Eric wasn't drunk driving and responsible, Maggie would always choose Brady. There shouldn't even be a question. I get for dramatic purposes why they are doing this. There's a lot of different angles to play. Maggie/Caroline/Victor, Maggie/Marlena, etc. But will it have been worth it?

I'm very nervous at how they handle Eric's responsibility. I fear he's going to be vilified for the death of the Sainted One. And what a shame if he goes out on that. I'm so happy Daniel is dead and gone but I hate that they've more or less shat all over Eric and Ericole in the process. Nice. Thanks DAYS. Brady/Nicole/Theresa/Finn ... just wait for it. Ugh.

Loved everyone getting the phone calls. The editing there was good. But the episode felt so unbalanced. Waaay too much going on and the Chabby angst wasn't needed because, while intense and good, the hospital stuff felt rushed and certain things felt skipped over and it's doing a disservice to the underwhelming reveal of Thomas's paternity and then the fallout of the accident.

I swear though, DAYS can get me emotional. Even though I'm so happy Daniel is gone, Ari, Suzanne and Deidre can still get to me and make me care.

Depression of our lives the show is filled with to much loss and sorrow. The teens added nothing to today's show. They were written in a generic manner.  I did like the kids briefly talking about being bullied, Maggie ,Nicole and Marlena  are breaking my heart. I hate that Marlena's and Maggie's friendship isn't used it would enhance this story.The pacing is so sluggish just like when Tomsell were writing DOOL. Not that DOOL is going their but Chase and that new kid looked hot together.

• Members

It's rare and surprising when you actually have a Dimera baby being giving to the father with the words "I want you to know your son." I think Thomas may be the first one, all of EJ's kids were hidden and kept from him because of the "danger" of Dimera's. 

• Members

The pacing is insane. While the scene with the phone calls and Nicole, Maggie and Marlena were great and heartbreaking, all the stuff that happened in one episode was at least a week's worth of episodes... or maybe even more. It's a HUGE overkill for both Brady and Eric to need hearts. I suppose they're doing it because the dramatic potential is rich but you can have Maggie vs Marlena or whatever for the mere fact that Eric was drunk and caused the accident. The heart dilemma is not really necessary. And, just in general, can we be done with heart transplants? Gah-bieh is nauseating and annoying as always. Poor JJ went from Beige to her? Ugh. John and Kangaroo doctor were hilarious in their "mourning."

Archived