GH: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that NLG should probably just stop tweeting about race. How hard is that?  As to her point, all she had to say is that there are huge barriers to a woman becoming president. There is a significant percentage of people who will not vote for a woman no matter what. Pretty much everyone knows that's true though, we don't need NLG in her wisdom to point it out to us.

• Members

But what exactly is she saying here? Because you can be a woman...and black...and Muslim...and Jewish. And this comment makes those things sound inherently bad, which they are to a great many people but her phrasing makes it sound like they're bad to HER. I mean, replace what she said with axe murderer or serial killer or terrorist, THAT makes sense, what she wrote does not.

• Members

I understood what she meant. Every group she mentioned have an immediate disadvantage in any election because a certain number of people will never ever vote for them. She's saying the percentage of people who will never vote for a woman is higher than for any of those groups. Polls are done on this stuff. Is she technically correct? I have no idea, but I suspect not, especially when it comes to Muslims at this moment in history.

And really after everything that happened, it doesn't matter if she's right. Comparing oppression and suffering never ends well. The woman just won't learn, even when she makes the news for saying stupid $hit.

On to the show. LuLu rescuing Valerie was just such a dumb scene. Thank you for making LuLu look like a complete incompetent.  Luke Spencer's daughter in hysterics during a crisis, no thanks. All she had to do is drag Valerie out by her feet, she absolutely could have done that, instead of those ridiculous attempts at resuscitation. I'm really not a stickler for these types of things, but this was a travesty.

Archived