Tony-award winning and soap actress passes away

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so sorry to hear this.  Renee was one of those reliable, go-to characters to offer solid advice and support when she didn't have her hands full with Asa.  Patricia Elliott was capable of much more demanding material that was called upon for Renee, which perhaps made her shine all the more in her supporting role.

• Members

Some of us used to joke about her wig...I guess now I know why she was wearing it.

The show really ruined Renee in later years, but Pat was a very entertaining actress, capable of soap melodrama as well as sly wit. She was a great example of what made OLTL unique - she just never would have shone the way she did, even with her many talents, on a lot of soaps. She fit in so well I was shocked to later learn she was a recast. 

Her interview in Soap Opera Weekly, which I posted in a tribute thread years ago (I think), was one of the first soap magazine interviews I ever read, and it was just fascinating, the photos, her talk about her plays over the years. 

She was a true star and a true example of what Broadway means to this country.

RIP classy lady.

• Members

Oh, geez, I loved her. RIP.

I don't think she was ruined either - they didn't use her perfectly, but I appreciated her increased airtime in the last five years with the Buchanans. She got some wonderful final scenes in 2011 with Bo or Clint at Asa's grave as well.

• Members

While that certainly crossed my mind, I chose not to mention it in my previous post.  But since you have, I pray that illness wasn't the case as I hate to think that she'd been battling for that long.  Alas, she's now at peace.

Archived