Top 3 soap-opera baby-switch stories

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sheila was a nurse that began working at Genoa City Memorial in early 1990. She became infatuated with Dr. Scott Grainger, who was with Lauren Fenmore at the time. While Scott and Lauren were temporarily separated, Sheila took advantage of this, drugged Scott, and they had sex. Sheila fell pregnant, and Scott married her out of obligation to her and the baby. Lauren also fell pregnant with Scott's child at the same time. Sheila eventually miscarried, but she then concocted a plan: she managed to fake the rest of her pregnancy, and waited until Lauren's due date before supposedly leaving town to visit her mother in Michigan. She made arrangements with a lawyer, and purchased a baby boy on the black market, and after Lauren gave birth to her son, Sheila snuck into GC Memorial, changed the records of Lauren's newborn with the black market baby, and switched the two, and conveniently resurfaced in GC a day after also supposedly giving birth during a snowstorm in Michigan. Slowly over time though, her plan began to unravel. First, Sheila's mother Molly discovered her plot, and attempted to tell Lauren, but suffered a stroke, in Lauren's store no less. Paul and Lauren became very suspicious of this, and began their own investigation. And eventually, Dylan, the baby Lauren was raising, died of meningitis. Over time, Sheila's mother, who had been sent back to her farmhouse in Michigan under the supervision of two caretakers, began to get her speech back. Determined to keep the truth from being exposed, Sheila then fired the caretakers, kidnapped Lauren at gunpoint, and took her to the farmhouse in Michigan, and held her and Molly there for several episodes, and confessed to switching the babies, and that Lauren's son was very much alive. A fire then broke out at the farmhouse during a storm, and Lauren and Molly were left there to die, but they were saved by Paul and Lynne, while help eventually arrivied and a body was discovered, burned beyond recognition, presumed to be Sheila, when in reality it was a meter man, and Sheila had escaped in the man's truck and made her way to L.A.

• Members

I've seen many clips of Judith Light as Karen, really a good intense actress when she was on OLTL.  Did her part in the switch ever come out?  I think she was already gone when the story played out.  Marco too.  Did Jenny have scenes with them once the secret was revealed?

• Members

I honestly don't even remember the Tea/Sam baby switch. Who has the baby? Are they both still around? I mean, clearly Tea isn't around but is her baby alive? Is Sam's?

That ATWT was beyond stupid and just trying to latch onto the hype of AMC and OLTL's baby switch.

I wish soaps would do a baby switch and freaking commit to it. Make that ish last 5 years, show the devastating consequences. But no, they all want to move on so quickly and have the parents walk around rudderless until the reveal 6 months later. I sometimes catch Y&R and seeing all the anvils with Sharon blissfully happy and talking about her "perfect, angel" baby boy is too much. And seeing Sage ugly cry everyday (seriously, how is Kelly Sullivan on this show?) sounds like torture.

• Members

EW ain't even trying. I'd go with...

Bianca/Babe/Kelly AMC-OLTL. Kelly's brother kidnaps JR & Babe's baby to give to Kelly. He tells JR & Babe that Bianca's child is their child. Bianca believes she's lost her love child/rape baby/ray of hope with Kendall, Mimo. Babe realizes she has Bianca's baby but doesn't tell anybody. JR appears to marry Mimo at his wedding to Babe and proceeds to try to murder everybody in this story. Bianca gets Mimo back for Christmas.

Lexie & Hope debacle on DAYS. Lexie gets Hope's baby. Hope gets the fetal alcohol syndrome baby of two strangers (Glen & Barb). They both fall in love with their babies. Lexie realizes the truth and embraces her Dimera side. Hope loses JT to Glen and Barb. Lexie loses Zack to Hope.

Archived