Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally saw JPL playing Philip...oh dear. 

First of all, he's aged horrendously. His face is gaunt and he's lost whatever facial fat he had. And then he's got bad sun damage wrinkles. Put that combination together and he's looking very old for 35. He looks worn out. 

And then his acting choices...the word 'haughty' comes to mind...and he's not Philip at all. What was nice about Philip was that, regardless of who played him, he was a nice guy who was trying to be nicer and a better person than either of his parents. JPL's take is that Philip is a spoiled, ruthless business executive. The whole thing reads poorly. 

• Members

I actually thought he played it right for the most part, and yes I'm shocked. The material was that of a ruthless enfant terrible and that's what he gave, except for a few Loud/Funny Line Readings! which he has never unlearned from his OLTL years. I expect him to tank soon though - I think he and Martha Madison (and most women) have anti-chemistry.

• Members

Victor & Hope. Really good. It was gangsta that Hope was telling the serum police to go after Victor instead of his family, one minute, then calling Victor (and his goons) over to come and babysit his grandchild and protect the fort the next minue. "You know I don't like being taken care of" "We'll take care of each other." *sighs* It also felt like Revenge!Hope story did a direct merge into Serum!Kiriakis story, today. Direction! Mixed with the description for an incoming character, I feel almost certain the Dimera's will just be a red herring in this merged story which would be a really good thing.

That last scene in the warehouse was a mess from KA's phoning it in over-acting to the kidnapper just strutting out and unmasking like he was auditioning for America's Next Top Model. *sniffle* $600,000 out of that trust fund this year, out of all the losses... :(

I like JPL in the role of Philip. I'm not saying he's great but I don't think he's bad. I'm not saying he's good looking but I don't think he's bad looking. I also think the personality he's come back with makes sense. He's been focused on business.

I'm not sure what I think of the Dimera/Belle/Sami story. The older Dimera's were already pathetic. This story doesn't help. That said, EM and MM have good chemistry and their scenes were nice. Nice seeing Brady being more than just a phuck-boy.

YD really is bad on this show. Yikes.

• Members

That was INSANE. It was actually a nice shot, and of course they went and fucked it up with some totally illogical action.

Ciara... had very nice hair today!

I actually am liking JPL in this role so far, though he keeps doing that biting-the-side-of-his-mouth thing that's so tic-y, and he had one line with Kate where he might as well have done jazz hands and pranced across the room. God forbid we get a Philip/Andre scene...

• Members

I thought he was surprisingly doing okay for the most part until today when I thought a lot of his fussy, 'funny' tics started coming back. The loud emphasis on certain phrases - Rex going 'OKAY!" - and some bits of business are just not Philip but all JPL. And I did laugh at the thirtysomething executive shooting hoops in a hoodie. Some of us can get away with that, Philip less so. But it's very JPL.

• Members

0quRMi5.png?1

He's never looked worse

ExZeiO7.png?1

Im going to need her to stop doing this. Her eyes are out of control

WJhTAtq.png?1

My god, why do they keep giving her such heavy material?

I had to roll my eyes at Belle contemplating who would be worse to doublecross, Stefano or Sami. Really? They've really turned the Dimeras into a joke

• Members

I at least think that JJ and Gabi are both tolerable when they are together but that doesn't mean that I want to see a lot of them.

I wish I could care about Theresa/Brady but I just don't.

The Belle/Philip scenes were blah.

On a purely selfish note: I wish Chad would tell me a bed time story. :D

Archived