GH - December 2015 Discussion

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this makes no sense, but IMO, the show *is* better. But it still isn't any good. It's more watchable. It's better balanced. It's not campy drivel. But while it's better, it's still crap. It's just hard to explain. And no this isn't high praise by any means for Shelly or Jean.

• Members

I never complained about campy crap.   I don't think camp is by default crap.    This may be verboten on soap boards but camp is based on OTT ridiculousness masquerading as seriousness, but soaps are OTT ridiculousness often, as we saw this very week when Jerry was demanding his anti-death serum and Nikolas took a head first dive 12 stories and seems to have a sprained ankle for his trouble.  RC did this with Heather and Jerry and it was ridiculous.   It is no less ridiculous because it is written by these new writers.

I can't praise any writer who wastes the show's time on Jason, Sam and Liz.  This triangle was the nadir for GH before, and is so again.   They suck, this story sucks, and anyone who writes this garbage has the worst taste possible.   I'd sooner watch a story where Casey the alien comes back looking for his child.

• Members

This show doesnt have a single good storyline. NOT ONE. The only thing that has been remotely interesting is that the Jason secret is finally out but even that is a major letdown.The payoff didnt satisfy the year long crap we got. With that out of the way, the show doesnt really have any cards left to deal.

• Members

GH is simply soap with no soap.

That Yoda jackass, Scummy, as the moral center of the show?  Why paralyze this man and do nothing with it?  He didn't change, everyone around him did.  Why not let the folks who were mad at him stay mad and he pulls himself up for a change?  Too hard to write or Schmo Brando wouldn't agree to it?  

Genie Frances and her faces?  WTentireFvck?!  Where is the director when this woman goes the Boris Karloff route?  

Jake arrested for attempted murder?  Are we supposed to be moved when the murderers, serial killers and terrorists are the happiest folks in PC?  There is simply no way possible to get a dumb person to look into the mirror and see that they are the problem..  Looking at you ValenVarni!  

• Members

The show is bad.  And I don't see it getting better unless ABC decided it wants to invest in the quality of this show.  I don't see that happening.  Frank is most likely keeping the show under budget and that's all ABC cares about.  It's circling the drain and giving the actors a paycheck.  I can't see any of them being truly happy with the material they are getting - especially those who acted on soaps in the 80s.  It's most likely a paycheck to them and they are collecting until ABC cancels the show which will happen inevitably.  It's just a matter of time.

• Members

The new headwriters are making a valiant attempt but they are saddled with so much leftover crap.  Get rid of the model/cop; he's not an actor; he's an underwear model.  Get rid of Valerie; can't act, no chemistry, no point.  Get rid of Franco, Nina and Kiki.  Center on Laura/Nicholas/Greenlee, Ana/Paul/Tracy. Dillon cant act either; no chemistry with any of the actresses.  It's all forced.  It ain't happening on the screen.  Delete Obrect and return sanity to the hospital.  Focus on Lucas and get rid of Brad, another bad actor with no chemistry with anyone. 

Archived