R.I.P. David Canary (AMC)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't a regular viewer of All My Children, but I knew of David Canary from his numerous Daytime Emmy award wins.

The look back at the lead actor/actress winners (starting at 1:10:25) is a bit sad to watch now. 11 lead actor/actress winners are no longer with us (David Canary, Charles Keating, Jeanne Cooper, Al Freeman Jr, James Pritchett, Irene Dailey, Larry Haines, Val Dufour, Michael Zaslow, Macdonald Carey, Douglass Watson).

• Members

All My Children star Julia Barr — who worked with Canary for many years as his on-again, off-again wife — has also spoken out about Canary's passing, exclusively to SheKnows: 

"David Canary was my TV soul mate! I could not have asked for anything more in an actor or a fellow human being. He was the essence of kindness, a gentleman and my years of playing 'Brooke' to his 'Adam' were a joy! We were all blessed to have him in our lives," Barr said.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1104067/all-my-childrens-david-canary-has-died-soap-stars-celebs-pay-tribute

Archived