R.I.P. David Canary (AMC)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Canary was a great actor on both AMC and AW.  While he was playing Steve Frame, Canary made the most of the material given to him, even though TPTB tried to recreate the Rachel/Steve/Alice triangle with two of the three characters being recasts.  Had the show lured Jacqueline Courtney (Alice) back to the show earlier, the triangle probably would have worked with Canary playing Steve.

One by one all of the great soap actors are passing on.  With the exception of William Gray Espy (Mitch Blake), all of the leading men who acted with Victoria Wyndham's Rachel are gone: Douglas Watson (Mac), David Bailey (Russ), George Reinholt (Steve), Charles Keating (Carl), and now Canary.

RIP Mr. Canary- you were one of the greats...

• Members

I don't think I would want the  2015 AMC doing a tribute.   All the people Adam interacted with would be long gone by now except for Erica, Tad and Dixie.  I remember the Palmer tribute and they had that woman crashing the wake to talk about what a great dancer Palmer was.   Did they even know each other, why was she there?   I don't think I need to watch mystery people I am not familiar with discussing their retconned closeness with Adam.    This is a a job for Youtube.

• Members

RIP to Mr. David Canary. I loved and enjoyed both of your characters. This past summer I watched all of the episodes on Youtube that Adam and Stuart was involved in in the late 80s and early to mid 90s. Storylines such as Laura's death, Cindy and Stuart getting married, Cindy's death, Brooke/Adam, Dixie/Adam, Hayley pointing the gun at Adam, Gloria/Adam, Who poisoned Adam, etc. The relationships he had with his children and the women he loved were complex and layered. In a way I wished we had a tribute episode to remember DC but we don't. 

Archived