The worst era's in soap opera's.

The soaps can be cancelled or still be running.For me the last 15 years of GH and counting. ATWT after Douglas Marland's death, GL after Nancy Curlee left. AW when JFP took over as EP. The late James E. Reilly's two run's on Days. The late Gloria Monty's second run on GH. Ellen Wheeler's GL run. The last 10 years of AMC. JFP OLTL run Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini OLTL run.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if there actually a fair way to answer this. There have been plenty of times when one soap has been really good, and another has been incredibly bad, just because they're all so different.

Even now, it seems like GH's badness is still on a different than what the other three are doing.

ETA: You weren't talking about years for soaps overall, were you? Because that's what I thought you meant at first. And I don't truly think that can be answered.

• Members

Well, for me...

DAYS: 2004-2008 (Reilly 2.0 was a mess and Hogan was embarrassing, Dena at least had the baby switch to help make the show at least watchable).
GH: 2001-present. Guza gutted everything I loved about the show, and Cartini has set the carcass on fire. I can't begin to care about this show anymore, and Jean P Smart TV isn't inspiring my interest either. 
Y&R: 2005-present. Been some peaks and valleys through this time, but it isn't The Young & The Restless anymore, and Pratt writes the show like he's Snoopy writing his Dark & Stormy Night novel. I can't.
OLTL: 1990-91 are particularly embarrassing years, though 2010-11 was awful too, after The Great Minority Purge that saw the Abs Brothers eat the show. I've never been so glad to see someone killed off by a falling chandelier in all my life.

AMC: Whatever year the unabortion happened until the end of Pratt. Gross.

But that's just what I've seen. The last decade has been REALLY rough on these shows. Yikes.

• Members

I know this is a weird opinion but I feel like it was that year in particular that sort of gave off this bad omen of things to come....beginning with Passions's cancellation....

of course from what I picked up the quality of all the soaps around that time were starting to get in rough shape...it's weird to think we still had 9 soaps back then and probably even then not one of them had a capable writer/producer...or the ones we still have now for the show (like Brad Bell) just went through a period of absolute dreadful writing...

Archived