Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm

Huntress

• Members

Personally I think that the wrong song won. Frankly it was boring, and it probably got a lot of politically motivated votes. It's unfortunate, but it's also not the first time, and it will probably not be the last.

My favourite was the Australian entry. A classic ballad which could easily have been sung by Céline Dion or Jennifer Rush 20-25 years ago, and maybe that's what kept it from winning, that it sounded a bit old-fashioned, and that Dami Im didn't have a spectacular stage show, like Jamala (Ukraine) or Sergey Lazarev (Russia). I do think that the Russian stage show was a bit to blatant in its rip-off of last years winner.

I also quite liked the French entry. The most astonishing thing about that song though was that it was partially performed in English! Natasha St.Pier sang a few lines in English when she represented France in 2001, but her song was written completely in French, this song was written with an English chorus! I never thought that would happen, that France would enter a song written half in French, half in English.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The official youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision/videos has recently uploaded HD videos from the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions.
It's quite fascinating that performances from less than 10 years ago seem so old-fashioned now. The Contest has evolved so much in that short timeframe.

Best and worst results for every participating country since the introduction of the semi-finals in 2004:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

On November 20th, 2016, the 2016 edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest took place in Valletta, Malta.

The following countries took part:

• Albania
  • Armenia
  • Australia
  • Belarus
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Georgia
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Macedonia
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Ukraine

Recap of all 17 performances:

Each participating country had a professional jury giving out points in typical ESC style (1-8, 10 and 12 points). In addition, there was a kids jury from all countries combined. In the end, Georgia won the JESC 2016. They had previously won the contest in 2008 and 2011 as well.

Georgia was the professional juries' winner, but the kids jury only put them in 6th place. Their favorite was Armenia.

Fuil ranking:

1. Georgia (239)
  2. Armenia (232)
  3. Italy (209)
  4. Russia (202)
  5. Australia (202)
  6. Malta (191)
  7. Belarus (177)
  8. Netherlands (174)
  9. Bulgaria (161)
  10. Ireland (122)
  11. Poland (60)