B&B: Actor leaving...for good??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate that this show has failed time and time and to do something with Winsor Harmon/Thorne. I've never seen a soap character with so many missed opportunities and so much potential. 

Why not let him usurp Ridge and the Tay-tots and run Forrester?

Why not let him learn the conditions of Aly's death and want to seek vengeance on Steffy?

Why not pair him back up with Brooke? 

Why not pair Thorne with a new woman, thus giving him a new start on life?

Sucks that Thorne was the black sheep on and off-screen on B&B. Talk about art imitating life.

• Members

I just don't understand this show at times. Agreed on how much potential was often there. So many things Thorne could have done, or even just simply be involved in. And then killing off his daughter? Probably one of the biggest mistakes Brad's made (among many other deaths I shake my head at). And the fallout over it was just horrendously bad.

• Members

Yeah, I don't get why they never utilized Winsor Harmon. His last chance at relevancy was through Aly. Before that, when Liam was potentially his son. But the truly missed opportunity was bringing him back for Brooke... right when she was happy with Bill. A Bill/Brooke/Thorne triangle would've had potential. 

I wonder why he would randomly declare that now? Did Brad Bell say he's not going to be bringing him back? Maybe Brad said Thorne is basically a Felicia or Kristen. 

• Members

This is really sad. I always liked WH and his Thorne (not to mention he had one of the sickest bodies on daytime in his prime) and have fond memories of his stories (one of them being his rivalry with Ridge for Forrester in 2004, an underrated and often forgotten story).

The last actual story I remember them giving him (there may have been more) was the pairing with Katie, which Bell suddenly and inexplicably ended for no reason whatsoever. I understand they never meant to focus on him (I still wish I could find that quote of his where he explained he wanted time with his family and was OK with limited appearances) and that was pretty much the end. Huge wasted potential.

At the very least, as everyone has said, there should have been a return to Brooke/Thorne, unless... their chemistry was too threatening to the status quo. ;)

• Members

If he's making a big announcement about leaving - considering he's on less than five times a year, I'm assuming they are killing off Thorne. Otherwise, why the 'big' drama of an announcement? Keeping Thorne/Taylor together would've been a good way to keep two characters in the age group with a TON of ties and history on the current canvas available to bring in and out as needed. The show went from buzzworthy for a year to completely back to blah B&B with stories that no-one cares about. Just look at how the November comments section of B&B lags so far behind the other three soaps. During the hot period, B&B had months where it was #1 on these boards - something I never thought would happen. 

• Members

Harmon was never a big favorite of mine but he had a certain bumptious charm and a chemistry with his leading ladies. Given that most of their leading men in more recent years have had a difficult time replicating the same chemistry, it's too bad Brad Bell never did more with this.

• Members

To this day, I still don't understand why the other Forrester siblings(Kristen, Felecia, Thorne) aren't used.. Rotating one in for a story every few months could liven up the canvas. Short arcs, especially for Thorne would be a welcome change from Leffy, Widge, etc... (I would love Felecia/Quinn---the two Lois C's from GH in scenes), etc...

Thorne /Brooke would be better than Brooke/Eric...

• Members

I also think the only reason Bill and Katie get any airtime at all at this point is because they're played by Don Diamont and Heather Tom.

Garies was never really used well as Donna and she's pretty much gone.

Lesli Kay was a great Felicia. You can't tell me they can't write for her? Please.

And Kristen's own son is on the show and she can't be.

Really don't understand Brad's focus at times. He needs to let someone else run the show IMO.

Archived