Nathan Varni on Jelly's take on Jason Reveal

• Members

https://partywillsonlinepublications.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/check-out-our-exclusive-qa-with-nathan-varni-abc-network-covering-executive-for-general-hospital-interviewed-by-willy-garza-hannah-carpenter-susan-semenjuk-•-nov-9-2015/

Omg this is just awesome the big boss loving the emotional humanity of the new GH. He's so impresses with their take on GH and the genre. It's amazing how he said they have a very clear focus on the Jason storyline it's like peeling back an onion just marvelous. Go smarttv yippee woot woot 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought these two were the best writing team Y&R had since Cassie died. They were boring at times but they managed to balance the show and I definitely approved of their vision.

Jonnysbro your obsession with them is kind of hilarious though, because it's as if you don't think they are capable of failing at anything and that's just not true

• Members

I co-sign this.

I actually was starting to get back into Y&R under them, mostly because it wasn't a crazy ass mess like it's become since. But...I knew they weren't earth-changing.

Jelly aren't great writers, Jonnysbro. They won't change the world, and they won't revolutionize daytime, no matter how many times you try to tell us they will. Jean Passanante stays employed because she writes generally inoffensive soap opera that appeases as many meddling execs as possible. Hardly an ideal creative environment. They only have as much 'vision' as Nathan Varni will allow. It's well-known that he's got his nose where it doesn't belong and has been influencing story, possibly for months.

Archived