DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. These celebrities on twitter exhaust me because they need to stop. Twitter is such a ... sigh

Anyway ... I recall Kassie being thirsty for GH at the time. I love Kassie and don't blame her for wanting to work but I think that ship has sailed. The last thing GH needs is more leading women. But that thing Howarth is still there so I guess there's a shot. I think Frank cares more about his pet Stafford than DePaiva though. The Staff and Howarth chewing up scenery seems to be what he wants to see (but it has been toned down, although Stafford's acting tics as Nina make me cringe at times). Howarth needs to just go.

Ooh, I can't stop bitching about the wastes of Franco and Nina even in a DAYS thread .... lmao, sorry for the thread drift

• Members

It would have beat anything we got.  A nameless faceless dude fathered Brenda's baby?  Whether I like it or not, SnB were iconic OUAT, and if she has a kid, you have to do better than what we got.  Poor Scummy?  So what?  That's the story of a GH viewer's life.  I wanted that story.  Either that or let the kid be Jax's.  Lots of wiggle room with the timeline.  While Carly was showing out at the wedding, imagine her learning Brenda gave Jax his first child.  Lawd!  

• Members

True. I completely agree with you. That kind of story is what soaps are made of. Vanessa Marcil could have logged so many years and be Sonny's little woman now if she had just stuck around. I think she needs to move on and live on her little 'farm' she created and call it a day. And didn't Jax and Brenda leave town with that brat anyway? It's all sort of a blur because I was half-watching at the time.  I can't keep track of all of her returns and exits (and Ingo's too).

• Members

To me the Dante as the father was more Dante propping so I was also against it.  It truly made more sense to have it be Jax's child because of how she left after that wedding collapsed.

I will always love my classic Bo, but I'm over his tweets and stoking.  Move on and quit complaining about it.

• Members

SOD Peter Reckell cover story

Peter says he left the show in 2012 because of how he was being utilized in the 4-5 years before Bo's exit. He states if they were writing for the older actors like they are now then he probably would not have left then. That said, he's good with Bo being killed off because of his daughter. He recalls missing important events in her life and her disappointment when he would leave for work. Being a dad is more important to him than Bo, who he makes clear is very, very important to him repeatedly during the article, at this time because he's gotten to experience all these moments with his daughter over the past 3 years.

He discusses how emotional taping the last scenes were from the point where Kayla diagnosed him on. He discusses his final scene and/or goodbyes with Stephen, Mary Beth, Vivian (Ciara), and Susan (Hayes); feeling the history and the loss. He said when he left in 2012 he didn't feel these emotions because he more or less felt DAYS was saying thank you but no thank you with the exit they wrote. He goes on to say having a few more episodes after the death scene softened the blow of breathing Bo's last breaths. Besides there not being enough time to do more goodbyes (Abe, Shawn), he seems really, really happy with the way the writers wrote the story.

In terms of what memories stand out to him, he mentions that Kristian and him went in every day trying to make the material spectacular and that is why they've lasted so long. But on picking a memory, he can't. He says he has a list of 30-40. He reflects on his attitude when he arrived on the cover of SOD the first time, he states he was just trying to figure out where he was (famous) versus where he thought he would be (building houses). Would he come back? He doesn't know if DAYS will still be around by the time he's ready to come back [mostly due to wanting to be there for his daughter].  It's not something he foresees happening in the near future. He does not feel like Bo's story with Hope is finished.

Corday goes on to say the Bo & Hope era has come to a final chapter and is closed. He states all parties involved agreed there was no way to move Hope on without doing this death. It wasn't an easy decision, but Peter made it clear he had no intention of coming back in a time frame that would make any other story ending viable. Corday says he would never recast Bo and he would have loved for Peter to stay for years and years. He goes on to say the decision was painful for him because it was closing the door on a era (Bo & Hope). He said he was sitting with Susan (Hayes) watching Peter's last scenes tape and everybody in the studio was in tears. He felt Peter was feeling the loss especially intensely. What's next for Hope? A "real twist," a surprise or two in the months to come.

Kristian gives props to Pete for what he's done with Bo over the last three decades; says they were both given a gift with the pairing and she's grateful for that (the characters, the story). She describes the last scenes as heartbreaking. They had overcome so much over and over and then it's over ... and over rather quickly. She was shocked when she first realized they were going to kill Bo off. She says Peter was a good partner and she's glad he got the closure he wanted. [Picture: Smiling Bo holding smiling Hope's hand at his coffin. [Post-death] Bo's hair has some volume in this picture] 

• Members

Ken Corday mentions all the time about DAYS being his family's legacy, but just because his parents lovingly handed it down to him, that doesn't mean he has the aptitude to run it even the way he does (which is from a distance, to put it kindly).  The man needs to follow Bill Bell, Jr.'s example and stay the hell out of production entirely.  Just take his name off the door, his EP credit off the show, and concentrate on what he does best: bar mitzvah bands, and golf dates with Josh Taylor.

• Members

It really isn't about Ken changing his mind. Peter seemed to want Bo and Hope to "end" with a more romantic note and Peter has apparently made it clear he's unwilling to come back for an acceptable amount of time until his daughter grows up. That said, even with closure Peter still seems just a little clingy to Bo, Bo/Hope and add rising ratings on Ken's side of things... I'd like to believe he's really dead because they went through the trouble of writing this all - and I just despise the actors going and coming on whim thing - but it's DAYS of the NEVER QUITE DEAD and you got the actor saying "open," you got the producer saying it's closed but loving the couple so much he's crying plus ratings.

• Members

I can see it now...

"BREAKING NEWS: PETER RECKELL BACK AT DAYS...AS JACK DEVERAUX?"

Ken Corday will talk about how blown away everyone was by PR's performance and how he was too good to let go (again).  "But," Corday continues, "when I said Bo was dead, I meant it.  Then, Josh and Dena -- who are just brilliant, by the way, and who have really re-energized this show since Mom was still alive -- put their heads together and came up with this very clever solution.  Trust me, fans, you're going to LOVE how this all shakes out over the next year!"

Archived