DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mixed emotions on this. I'm a huge Bo and Hope fan, so this has been hard.

Part of me would like them to have an out for Peter to possibly come back. However, although I don't support Hope moving on with Rafe I feel like they've set this story up a lot better than the forced, rush mess that was Haiden.

But, like others have said, this is Days. Is he going back undercover to nail the DiMeras? Is he just disappearing to live out his final days?

• Members

If Peter wanted to stay, IMO they wouldn't have written Bo's death like this.

I think Peter is indeed doing the Vanessa Marcil thing if that thing is not wanting to come back (unless he gets the holy grail of contracts) but not wanting his on-screen love interest (that he was very popular with) to move on because of the possibility it will diminish his place.

I get it to a point but it's also sort of annoying.

• Members

But how much of that Marcil thing was really her though? I remember SOD and SID and SOW every week when I'd buy them in the 90s after she left they'd have her on the cover like every week asking if she'd be back. How much of it was really her and really the mags pushing the question?

The Reckell thing is annoying. We went through this in 2012/2013. I can't go through it again.  If he wanted to stay so badly, I have no doubt they would have. I mean, Stephen Nichols seems to have no problems with what they offered him. I'm not sure what Reckell wants here. I don't think he does either. I think he regrets not sticking around and is now trying to reverse that. Which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I remember washing my hands of him and Bo by 2014 and I'm already ready to do it again because of this back and forth BS.

You don't lie. That fundraiser that felt like it went on for decades? Lord. Painful stuff. Very little investment in this couple and that was a shame. The second Griffley took over they had a few really good scenes and I 100% bought them as a couple. Of course then Aiden gets tossed under the bus. I think if the writing had been better and Aiden was better developed, maybe I'd care more he was tossed aside like trash.

• Members

Statements like "If LW wore flats, perhaps she'd get more airtime", tells me Marcil is a large part of it.   When CarScum's affair began, Marcil would post pics and say "Sonny loves Brenda".  She has even gone as far as to follow and DM one of LW's biggest haters (Snarkentary).  Let's not forget that she refused to play out the story of Brenda having Dante's child because Brenda would never do that to Sonny EVEN THO, at that time, no knew of Sonny/Dante's relationship.  

• Members

Oh, well I don't follow the loon so .. LOL so clearly she's trolling. That's fairly sad considering it's usually her own choice to bail after a year, if it's that long. Why do actors want to come and go as they please and then pull this [!@#$%^&*]? That's so annoying. If you love the couple and the show so much, how about sticking around?

• Members

I think that could have been great but I also sort of agreed that it was in poor taste. Maybe it's because it just felt like more of "poor Sonny" and nothing else. I dunno, at the time I remember I was glad they didn't bother with this crap but now I think it'd be great stuff.

Archived