DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you kidding me? Believe me I was happy to see PR off the show - I used to like him - but he spent too many years chewing up the scenery. I was glad they arranged for him to return for the 50th because he was a significant part of reviving DAYS in the 1980s. What I can't understand is why on earth they would kill off Aiden - not only because they finally found someone to pair with KA, but also because DC is a good actor. Since DAYS always lies 'no more resurrections' - I'm hoping some Stefano magic is at work here and it was merely a plot to: 1) free Chad and 2) to smoke out the real killer. However, I really doubt DAYS is that clever. 

• Members

Really pissed at Days for feeding Reckell's ego and retiring the character with him. I'd take a second Bo recast in a heartbeat. Especially since Reckell will be itching to play him again in a few years, if the show's not kaput by then.

• Members

Yep.

If PR was not going to stick around, then DAYS should have had Bo and Hope leave Salem together.  Yes, it would've meant losing Peter AND Kristian.  But you know what?  At least we would have been spared Bo's death (which I still say won't stick) as well as the inevitable Hope/Rafe hookup.

• Members

Why should that matter (whether KA would be up for leaving the show with PR)?  Truly, NBA, I mean no disrespect, nor am I attempting to pick any fights with you.  I totally get where you are coming from -- and under different circumstances, I'd probably "+1" or "Yep" or "Same" you, too.  But KA is a grown woman who DEFINITELY should know by now that there is no such thing as job security in her line of work, ESPECIALLY on a soap opera.  DAYS shouldn't keep her around and stick her in pairings that, frankly, no one wants simply because she has no apparent desire to work elsewhere.  It sucks how Bo and Hope can't seem to exist apart from each other (IMO) but, in a way, it's DAYS' own damn fault for forgetting how to develop characters outside of a supercouple formula.

I guess what I'm saying is, these things happen; and if I were Albert Alarr or Ken Corday, that would be how I'd attempt to explain it to KA, too.  Sometimes, a character has reached a point where all the stories that could be told for them has been told and it's time for him or her to ride off into the proverbial sunset, regardless of how long that character has been on the show, how beloved they are by the audience, or how the actor feels about the situation.

• Members

Aiden and Hope had built up a nice amount of chemistry, and could have worked. Even if they were boring (to some), it could be fixed. Trashing and ruining him was incredibly short-sighted. Even if Bo wasn't to stick around and Rafe/Hope are endgame (to their eyes), Aiden could have been a valuable antagonist. 

• Members

I didnt think they were boring. Aidan and Hope had chemistry and the show successfully had her move on with a new man in a believable way. They were solid until she found out his secret and after that they had no storyline and just existed. Thats not theri fault but rather the show for not using them. They tried to piggyback them on the Clyde nonsense but that was a mess.  They took the lazy way out by destroying Aidan and killing him off. Would have been more compelling to have he and Bo in town and played up a classic triangle with Bo ultimately leaving when he realizes that things between he and Hope changed and wasnt the same anymore. He should have been brought back for closure

• Members

No survived without Hope because they show wrote for him.  A viable pairing with good writing is all Hope needed.  No story airing less that 10 days a month is a frontburner story.  I love seeing Hope and as much as I love PR as Bo I have no problem with her staying on the show while he is gone.  They show should have done a better job. With both characters.

The problem I have is killing off so many major characters in random ways while celebrating a major anniversary.  Even if I don't care for the actors in some instances.  The writing might be better in some ways, but it's still just as shortsighted and lazy as Days has been for the last 5 to 10 years.

Archived