B&B - November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm OK with the theme music although the original will always be the best.

That's why these credits were such a stupid idea. The moment the number of cast members changed (which was sure to happen soon enough), the whole thing could not be edited to the music anymore and would thus easily come off as a badly thrown together mess.

Shortsighted, but somewhat pretty occasionally, just like Brad's writing.

• Members

While I do think Wyatt needs a different direction, I don't get the hate, but that's me.  They need Wyatt out of Liam's past women for sure. I like him with Ivy but it seems that, too won't last.  It's Thomas I can't stand. He's a pervy creep and Brad wants this to be Thomas' main attribute? Gross . The new opening looks bad. Thorsten looks terrible and the back and forth between the new and older actor shots are so obvious as to look unprofessional. 

• Members

Why needs to go.  He's unnecessary.  Too much water under the bridge.  Liam needs a rival not related to him.  

I don't expect anything from a show with Sweeps focused on Ridge's nuts!  How, in today's climate, do you flop a transgender story and a mental illness story in the same year?  BB should still be the most talked about show.  TIIC forget why they begin a story and then it amounts to nothing.  The show is downright horrible.  I can't remember the last time I enjoyed the show beyond 2 or 3 eppies since $$ and Brooke's affair.  I only tune in when I know Mama & Papa will be on and Maya's impending heartbreak.  

• Members

Both stories should still be playing out. Both were done at warp speeds and made zero sense…..although I never understood why the whole Rick/Maya vs everyone else on the show went poof too……This show has zero going on right now…..the supposed stories they do have are boring as hell……the show is awful.

• Members

B&B decided to try to canonize Maya, instead of making her a human being that has flaws like everyone else.  B&B also made Rick go from a schmuck to being instantly and wholeheartedly unquestioningly accepting, no questions asked.  What's left to work with in a drama when the two biggest parts of the transgender storyline have no complexity in how they relate to each other and the world around them?  It was too black and white, you're either instantly and unconditionally supportive or you're a total bigot who should be regarded as a total outcast and pariah.  Just. Basic.

Ally's mental illness story took the express lane to a sloppy conclusion that became about Steffy and her world and nothing to do with Ally or hers.  Just one example- we had to listen to Ridge bleat out stock poetry while Thorne was almost offscreen most of the time.  He wasn't even entitled to more than an episode and a half to express himself.  Thorne wasn't even entitled to his own grief.  

Soon, all we had was Maya and Rick dodging food truck bullies and the memory of Ally and Thorne all but disappeared and used as a means of Ivy and Steffy to fight over like a rag doll, whose entitled to feel more aggrieved.  Ugh.

As for Caroline and Ridge, I already expressed my thoughts on their storyline- I expect that to fall flat soon too, if not torpedo.

• Members

B&B was more than fine for the most part of this year. Could they have dug deeper into some of the underlying issues of their stories (Maya, Aly, Brooke), absolutely. But overall from last fall, to mid Summer, it was the best thing in daytime.

Now I just can't even be bothered with it. Not surprising, consistency has never been their strong suit. Even when it was at its best the past year, they had some awful moments.

I'll wait for their next ressurgence, until then...I'll watch every now and then.

• Members

Monday and Tuesday's shows were so baaaaaad.

HATE NuThomas. Hate Ivy & Wyatt. Hate Ivy & THomas with a passion. Hate Wyatt & Steffy. It's just so redundant. Brad Bell better quickly axe the Thomas/Ivy story 'cause it's tanking on all levels. It tells a lot when the superflous Bill&Katie nicknagging with Liam about making a bouquet of roses (WTF!? - seriously Patrick Mulcahey, thatw as the best you came up with looking at the sh*tty story outline for the episode!?) was the highlight of the day. And before I forget to mention it again: I HATE NuThomas. Even moreso than Wyatt.

Where's Brooke snooping around? or Ma and Pa Avant? They are the only ones next to Quinn to make this show watchable these days.

• Members

I watched and only paid attention in spurts…LOL…..Wyatt and Mama Fuller arrived in San Fran. Mama Fuller was going on and on how great San Fran was and that Wyatt should play for the same team. Mama Fuller mentioned going to eat lobsterrrrrr……and finding a hot man for her son….the rest was Steffy and Liam kissing…kissing…and yapping…..Thomas coming on to Ivy even more….and saying how he couldn't stop thinking about her….end credits…..Im sure there was more but I had better things to do like clean house….LOL

Archived