Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whereas the MAB/Rauch/Sheffer/Hamner era was like being repeatedly bitten by a shark or an alligator, the past year of JFP/Pratt has been like an insect or spider bite that won't stop itching and the hive is getting worse. At least give some kind of entertainment value out of it.

I imagine if Jeanne was still alive and well we'd probably have Pratt at least spice it up with the return of a wicked Katherine having her last hurrah chasing stable boys or fighting Jill over Colin. On the more realistic side, if Jeanne was still alive and well Katherine would probably be mere window dressing and be relegated to having to prop talks over tea with her new best friend Sage. :wacko:

Speaking of Sage they probably should have done a second take of Nick and Sage's jaw dropping reaction to hearing Christian "didn't make it". How soon being Dr. Adamson gets recast with Marcia Cross in the role? 

Can't believe they'd try to waste or would hint the first death would be Patty. The Patty scene with Jack and Phyllis was pretty stupid.  However with this death being "off-screen" I can already call BS on this one being real. 

• Members

I don't even understand who the deaths are supposed to be. Is it Cane? Because so far he's the only one that comes to mind. I thought it would be Patty but she turned up alive at the end of today's episode.

Kelly Sullivan had me feeling sorry for her for a moment there, but overall her performance was lacking... just not enough emotion In the moments that mattered most. She kept breaking character it seemed like and her face would just resume back to normal when she should have looked devestated throughout the entire episode. JM - I don't even need to comment on that because everyone knows he can't do emotional scenes worth a [!@#$%^&*] 

• Members

OMG: Wednesday's episode was like watching Passions on a bad day.  The fake coughing, Mae West in the chapel, Stitch and Ash with that stage makeup on (look like it was applied by a high school stage hand).  Lord.  I knew it was going to be a bad episode when Paul's raspy voice was back, when Michael and Kevin bantered like to caddy girlfriends, when Patti/Jack Nicholson showed up, Miss Shining...Just awful.  I hope Lee Philip Bell was on an island without power and wi fi!

• Members

I actually don't mind SH as Patty(minus that MP crap UpChuck pulled today. The building is on fire, Patty has been lucid for weeks, suddenly she's deranged. Pratt's misogynist feelings toward women(save drag queen Kelly Sullivan...my apologies to drag queens everywhere for the comparison) is really ridiculous. Too many psychos, too little time. Can't anyone just be normal. Apparently not, because if they have breasts, they are psychos, drunks, or victims...

I love how Dylan kept making Joe wait, though. And I don't even like SB...

Didn't take long for Lachlan Buchanon to get dropped from the contract credits.   Too bad. Kyle/ Fen would have been a great story...

• Members

Haiduk has been good this run so and the stable but slightly disturbed Patty usually worked better (initial Mary Jane Benson story) than bat-[!@#$%^&*] crazy Patty or worse the coma-inducing Dr. Emily Peterson 

Like YRfan23 mentioned in another thread I wanted to at least hear Christian LeBlanc scream when Michael caught on fire. 

As far as the rumored four deaths, they may just end up being the Newman lift attendant, the brother of the Underground bartender who died back in February's snowstorm, Victor's long neglected secretary Connie Wayne(last seen in 2011 I believe), and to top it off they'll probably offhandedly say Brock was in the building visiting for Delia's memorial and perished just to address a loose end with Beau Kayser's passing. 

• Members

Preach!

It's gross how Pratt's write this show and I am over it. I side eye anyone who finds anything he does enjoyable. It isn't. I tried watching this sweeps and I turned it off halfway. The female cast were all hysterical drips and it was too much for me. And Patty being there didn't even make any sense. 

Plus, the character assassination of Neil is so gross that I don't see him coming back from this. Especially, if Cane dies in this fire. Even though I hate Cane, the fact that Neil allowed this man to get blamed for his acts while he sits up flinging innocence is disgusting. I feel like if Neil was gonna ever have break, it would've happened when he found out about Dru/Malcolm. Not over Devon/Hillary when it ain't new for Devon to screw Neil's exes as he did it with Tyra. Neil should be used to passing women around. 

Sorry but no to Kyle/Fen. I NEVER want a LGBT story on Y&R. Not with Pratt or Phelps there. After that flop story Pratt did on AMC with Bianca and Reese, I don't trust him. He's not capable enough to handle a story so sensitive. Furthermore, I am over insta-gay characters on soaps. Kyle and Fen have both shown they are straight as arrows so no. And Max Erich seems to be doing other things outside of Y&R, so no use. I would've preferred they actually did something with Kyle. I would've preferred a Noah/Marissa/Summer/Kyle quad. I feel like Luca is getting the story Kyle could've had. Marissa should've been some chick in Kyle's past while he was gone, who fell for Noah. 

• Members

The writers have never known what to do with the Kyle character no matter who has played him. It is a shame because I liked a few of the actors who  were in the role. Lachlan Buchanon was very pleasant to chat with…..I hope Days picks him up and recasts him as either New much alive Will or as a recast Sonny. 

The special effects in todays show were good but everything else was just bad…..LOL….and the person behind the burning rubble…was so predictable and not shock worthy at all…how lame….

Archived