Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Members

You forgot a couple of things:  We know that Genoa City has exactly one, and only one helicopter.  Why is there a Helipad on the Newman Tower, but I guess Victor does NOT have a helicopter??? 

But don't even get me started on the holes in the Hillary/Devon/Neil story.  I know that wasn't yesterday but - it's been driving me crazy.  How does Neil think he's going to get away with it...he keeps saying once she's awake (she is now), she'll tell everyone what really happened.  He found her when she'd already fallen or something?  WTH sense does that make...we saw them come face to face on the island.  There was a witness that saw her arguing with a man - that's why Devon was a suspect.  How is he going to explain even being in the Virgin Islands...wanted to just visit with them on their honeymoon?  LOL.  Why didn't you just go get help immediately - and everyone knows she was kidnapped and someone brought her to Genoa City...what explanation is there for that?  This is all so silly.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there an 800 number we can call in to vote for who should perish in the fire please????  Dumb....Stitch should be gone but they're going with this mother daughter triangle?  Why is Eileen on this show.  

The towering inferno needs to consume:  Mariah, Joe, Colin, Lily, the chick who's helping Neil (awful), Esther (time for her to hang in the wax museum), Cane.  And Noah should be injured and need plastic surgery so they can get a better actor.  

You can play Nadia's theme at the end of each episode; it still doesn't make it a Bell soap!

• Members

And forgot to mention...I guess we can look forward to Ian Ward being able to get out of prison anytime he wants?  And no one will be able to figure it out?  Because it's obvious this is Ian (again).  We can make him Genoa City's Stefano Dimeara.  Any time they can't really figure out what to do because they're writing meandering stories that they can't even figure out - just have Ian escape from jail or say that Ian did it.

Aside from the sloppy writing - who is Directing this stuff now?  Like Gmac said - Ben informs everyone the building is on fire and everyone just kind of stared around and looked at each other.  As they figure out they have to be helicoptered out everyone is just kind of 'OK', let's just take our time.  There were so many scenes like that.  Where  is the Director?????

Hello Director - this is when you say, 'CUT!'  Ok people, here's the deal....you're in a fire, right?  You are trapped.  A fire is pretty serious right?  Kinda scary?  Kinda dangerous?  Can you guys have a little bit of panic here....some sense of urgency????  Let's try this again....

They'll submit this for a daytime emmy reel and probably win Best Direction.  LOL.  A joke...

• Members

What do people think of Nick and Chelsea? Do they have chemistry? They had a scene together a few days ago and I thought they looked good together. They are a much better pairing than Nick and Sage. I don't know how I'd feel about Chelsea devouring another leading man, though. 

• Members

I was thinking the same thing. It's certainly an improvement over Sage. I just don't get all the Newman love for her - especially Nikki - I guess Sage must be a good woman in her eyes because marrying Adam in order to gain the Bingham fortune certainly exempted her from being a deceitful, gold-digging sl*t, like Sharon. As far as the Towering Inferno, Tuesday wasn't as good as Friday/Monday - something was off in the way the ballroom scenes unfolded and the end montage was awful. I did like the Stitch/Ashley scenes - there is still smoking hot (pun intended) chemistry between SC/ED - that relationship actually make sense - the Stitch/Abby does not.

It's obvious who the 'devil' is - considering this is the climax of the Paragon storyline. I'm trying to figure out what Patty has to do with it. Oh, and I love that GC residents have ZERO problem walking up 20 stories - I know they kept that to be a plausible, but I would imagine Newman Towers and Victor's ego would be 2x that height.

• Members

The devil was very predictable, especially with the ending credits revealing the return of a guest star.

And what does Patty have to do with it? It's fairly obvious. The second I saw she wasn't in Fairview anymore I knew 

This show is just terrible, trashy, without an ounce of originality to it.

• Members

I hated Chelsea when she first came onto the show, probably for the same reasons I hated Sage. The character was a flop. However, Chelsea has grown on me since then and the actress at least has appeal and is capable of being a somewhat interesting leading lady. Sage is never going to grow on me. She's the new Sami Brady of Y&R

• Members

Let me get this straight...

You have Patty interact with Jack and  Phyllis just so Patty can once again show her obsession  over Jack while the building is burning down, she attacks Phyllis prompting Jack to trick her into thinking he really does want her, cue Phyllis punching the crap out of her, Jack is like "no pulse too bad...lets get the hell out of here" they leave her to burn to a crisp then run into Paul downstairs and all like "sorry Paul pattys dead blah blah blah"

i know Patty is psychotic but the fact that Jack and Phyllis basically left her to die just shows they are both horrible crude human beings, and they both deserve to fry for this...your telling me Jack couldn't carry her down to Paul...wtf?!?

• Members

I just watched the scene of Nick and Sage finding out Christian is dead.. somehow I missed that scene yesterday when it aired here in Canada. I obviously didn't miss much because Kelly Sullivan's reaction was underwhelming to say the least. I guess I can wait and see if she does any better in the next episode but that reaction was SO bad. 

Remember when Zach died on DOOL and Hope's reaction? That was perfection. I cried along with her. The same goes with Sharon Case and the death of Cassie, those were convincing performances. Let's see if KS can top that. I doubt she can 

• Members

Was trying to post this in the October thread but I see Sharon anti stans got that closed, so...

Finally halfway through October now, the Adam trial just started.

:wub: Adam and Chelsea, they really struck gold with MCE and JH's chemistry. I'm glad Jack was rightfully dragged by the Abbot's and Victor for protecting Adam over Billy. I wish Avery was still around to defend Adam because it would have made a hell of a lot more since than Michael doing it for whatever contrived reason.

The scenes where Adam and Victor went at it about Adam's childhood and abandonment issues were great. I also really dug the scenes where Victoria confronted Nick and then Victor about how Nick is treated as the golden child destined to run the company even though she's Victor's mini me and 1000x better and more loyal. Surprisingly good character stuff.

LOVE having EH back as Chloe, the scene where she pulled a gun on Adam and then confronted him and Chelsea were pretty good. The character has gone too far off to the loony bin to stay long term though.

I'm over Noah/Marissa/Noah. Now she has a kid she gave away? You can tell Pratt is just pulling stuff out of his ass on this one. Over. It. Noah isn't man enough for her and Luca is just annoying.

This Hilary story is ridiculous. Neil looks like a loon and Gwen being all in love with him all of a sudden and helping him is just stupid. Bryton seems to be depending on letting his minimal facial hair sell Devon's grieving and its just not working for me. It is nice having MEK back on my screen though,  and the twist of Cane maybe being the one behind the ransom is mildly entertaining, I can't lie. Mishael Morgan can't get back on my screen soon enough.

This Sharon story reminds me of when Pratt had Annie in the loony bin on AMC, we even have a new bitch doctor of the red headed Kimberly Shaw variety. I'm guessing she's the chick Nick caused that accident for in that lame little recton from a few months back??? I'm liking the return of Stacy Haiduk this go around and I feel really bad for Patti and Sharon. At least it looks like they cancelled plans of a baby switch since Sage already delivered?

Speaking of Condiment I'm so happy I figured out how to fast forward on CBS.com, haven't had to see anything involving her and what a joy it is! Her and Nick are gross and it doesn't matter how much propping they throw her way she ain't ever happening.

Overall I'm enjoying the episodes, binge watching most certainly helps because you just accept the stupidity of everything for what it is. I'm still working toward finishing so I can watch in real time.

I go through the archive forum and the first Y&R thread that pops up

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/33488-yr-discussion-for-the-week-december-7/?page

I'll give Pratt and JFP one thing the show is no where near as bad as it was then

Archived