Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GT is slowly giving Phyllis back her edge.  She also looks great, very stylish.  The writers are  givng her scenes with Nick (as friends, which is fine) and with her daughter. Now if they would just return her to an ambitious career woman, that would be great.  She can stay with Jack until someone hotter and younger  comes along.

• Members

A friend of mine who watches the show more often than me was hollering with laughter telling me about some big emotional scene that Nick was supposed to be having when a piece of the set nearly gave way.  I'm kind of interested in seeing that scene now.  Y&R apparently seems to be cutting the budget severely these days.  Cheap sets in exchange for building sets just to set them on fire and/or blow them up.  I guess TPTB feels that this strategy is worth it.

I'm going to try to find that scene.:lol:

• Members

It's at the end of today's show.  Nick has a breakdown reading the paperwork for Christian's "death" and slumps against the nurse's station which moves a bit.  Yeah it was distracting but I wouldn't say the set nearly gave way.  I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I thought JM did a good job with the scene and  I probably would have been moved by it except everyone knows Christian isn't really dead.  I feel sorry for the actors that give it their all for such silly storylines.

• Members

I think the feud should always be a staple and it still works. The problem is it needs to be pushed more toward the younger generation so it feels fresher instead of having Victor and Jack do all the heavy lifting. Adam vs Billy sort of works but they should also be developing Noah vs Kyle right now, unfortunately that set of characters doesn't have the gravitas to sell it.

Archived