Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Martha's been called Grandma Belle since 05 for a reason so look wise I can go with it, if Kirsten Storms (who this little girl actually scarily favors more so than MM IMO) was back instead and Cook was sticking around I'd have a harder time with it.

I do hope they touch on Belle and Shawn being young parents and that causing problems in the marriage when their own story starts.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Griffith/Higley/Corday make a dark, sick combo..but I can't stop watching each and every episode.  From the fresh camera work, spruced up sets/lighting, fierce acting all the way around, surprising beats played, I'm actually hooked on a soap for the first time in about three years.

Everyone is tortured, maimed, crying, dying...it's really sick but it's oddly entertaining/gripping.

Belle and Claire look like the future of the show. Actor playing Chase is excellent.  Ciara doesn't move her cheeks; that's her main issue; her face is frozen either from fear or botox or both.

I have ragged on Bloore's costuming and he still gets an F for Kayla's dress and sweater for the long night in Salem (and Jenn's flying nun dress); but the costumes in the Thanksgiving episode were spot on and elegant. Maggie's outfit was fierce and those scenes with Victor on Tues and Wed, brilliant!  Even Dena's husband delivered great dialog on Tues episode.

Loved Grant Johnson's directing on Wed episode.  Peering into windows was cool.

The Ben/Abby/baby scenes were riveting. Mansi is knocking it out of the park in these scenes.  The special effects on all the fight sequences etc have been top notch.

Who would have thunk it.  

The Bo ghost twist was really refreshing. I'd be down for them doing a Ghost plot with him as her conscious while she hunts the kidnappers.

Patch is such a loser; getting drunk, won't go with Hope.  Wow, they made him spineless in two episodes (which doesn't make a lot of sense given what he went through to find Bo).  I think Griffith is making up for the criticisms he received for the comatose version of YR he wrote.  It was beyond boring and uninspired.  This show is on drama steroids.  

Would love to know who wrote the breakdowns for Fri/Mon through Wed; the episodes were so tightly outlined. Someone should twitter Salmons and ask (I'm not on twitter). She usually reveals who wrote the breakdowns when asked.  I wonder how many outlines Broderick is writing per month.  Glad she's still there.  Hard to believe she wanted to write under Higley but it's a paycheck.

• Members

Your Top 10 Of The Week

#1 Kristian Alfonso As Hope Williams Brady 53 Votes
#2 Peter Reckell As Bo Brady 40 Votes
#2 Mary Beth Evans As Kayla Brady 40 Votes
#4 Stephen Nichols As Steve Johnson 39 Votes
#5 Billy Flynn As Chad DiMera 37 Votes
#6 Kate Mansi As Abigail Deveraux 35 Votes
#7 Christopher Sean As Paul Narita 15 Votes
#8 Robert Scott Wilson As Ben Rogers 14 Votes
#9 Martha Madison As Belle Black 13 Votes
#10 Denice Duff As Wendy Taylor 12 Votes

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll494423x0966453a-20

• Members

Doug singing is on my YouTube viewing line today.

Doug leading the Horton's on a rendition of "Always"

Doug singing about the men in his little girls life being lucky does make me chuckle a little bit after November Sweeps 2015. [Just uploaded this to my account for a week. Will Delete]. This is friggin' sweet.

Doug singing to his girl.

Doug singing to his little girl [to try to reach the Hope in Gina].

Oh this has flashbacks. This is when Doug was "murdered "during a serial killer story-line I wasn't watching. Marlena the serial killer storyline?

• Members

Claire's age isn't bothering me that much. How old do people think Shawn and Belle are supposed to be? They graduated high school in 2002, and there was another subtle aging in there for them around 2004 (because they could all suddenly drink and go to bars). So they're mid-30s. I could buy that they're 35 and Claire is 15, meaning they had her when they were 20. It's mostly weird seeing KA with a teen granddaughter, but it was always kind of part of the story that Shawn had a kid when his parents were having another baby, so... meh. If the actress and character turn out to be good, I can go with it.

Weirdly, Madison feels less matronly now than she did ten years ago.

• Members

OMG, ANGELA!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

The Doug singing to 'Gina' to draw out Hope was one of my favorite scenes when I was a regular viewer. And it was the scene that made me fall in love with Doug as a character since all I knew of him at that point was from dialogue and reading articles in SOD. So worth his hype.

*gets some water in my eye* That scene still holds up.

Finally caught up. This week definitely had better flow after last week's unevenness.

Love the Sami twist myself...as long as that was IT.

Love Claire already.

Hope in Revenge mode is kinda hot. Gina-ish in fact. But KA has been turning in performances after performances after performances and I'm eating it up.

I know I missed a few episodes so I have to ask is Justin/Adrienne done as a couple because I feel like I missed a breakup scene.

• Members

I have to thank you as well, Angela.  The Hayeses are just a magical couple.  They rise above whatever dreck the writers throw their way.

I hope Justin and Adrienne are done.  They always were among my least favorite DAYS couples.

Archived