Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really do, and that's with both KA & SN holding back a little on the chemistry.

I approve of the choices they're doing with Hope so far. Frankly, I much rather see this Thanksgiving day mix of sadness, determination and a little craziness [manifestation Bo is just a little bit creepy] rather than a catatonic mess. I will say sometimes when Hope blames herself for giving up, I'm like uhm, he didn't find you for four years and then rejected you for about two more years [1990-1995], so take it easy on yourself. But, I really personally get that feeling of believing to your core that you could have done more but it's too late to do anything. There's a block there in allowing yourself to just embrace the real and true love and therefore loss that was there because you feel like you don't deserve it no matter the reality of the situation.

It's unfortunate they're not going to have Steve work with Hope, at least so it appears. [Enter Rafe to claim his will possession?] Hopefully their stories will end up crossing somehow, mutual enemy possibly? I also Hope they allow Hope to handle bizness - without too much need of a hero and without spinning it too much to the crazy side - because she's capable enough with some help to do so and it's reasonable for her to want justice and to go after justice.

Victor disrespecting all the women in his house? Very Victor. Perfect mix of all sides of Mr. Kiriakis, 

That last part of Caroline's speech, between the lines, the delivery, and Hope looking like she barely had control of her body. Choked me up.

• Members

to be fair, Bo thought Hope was dead so its not the same comparison. He gets a pass as he had a very valid reason for not waiting on or searching for Hope

It just hit me today that Bo was Brady's uncle. I cant recall them having any type of relationship. Did they ever interact when Lowder was in the role? Was Bo close with Isabella at all?

• Members

I thought that was a terrific Thanksgiving. I don't necessarily need to see Rafe all gruff about Eduardo, but because we aren't seeing it 4-5 days a week, the whole dynamic with Eduardo, Gabi, and Rafe is interesting to me. I also enjoyed getting to see Justin/Eve and Eve/Eduardo moments. Victor was out of control with all his hollering about Eve being a hooker, but they justified it, and it created some interesting beats later in the episode. 

And I like Claire already. That Brady Thanksgiving gathering was great. It's pretty clear that Hope is going into superhero mode to push away the grief she can't handle, which feels, if not realistic in terms of specifics, at least very plausible emotionally. "Normal" grief is both boring and exhausting to watch, so this turn makes sense to me. It's also nice that Bo was apparently able to find the flat-iron in Heaven...

• Members

Cheap, nah on that pass. I don't blame either for moving on, but nah on Bo not being able to psychic-in somehow being more reasonable than Hope not being able to psychic-in. It's more reasonable for a woman to wait for forever and search for a man she believe abandoned her for adventure than for a man to wait for forever and search for a woman who died with no body found in a town where death never sticks? This wasn't 1983 to 1990 Bo that Hope felt was capable of being a scrub, this was 1994 on Bo.

Oh, yes, lets talk about Claire. Initially I was dumbfounded that Hope has a granddaughter that looks between Ciara and Shawn's age. Talk about capping off a bad 24 hours, lol.. Then I was even more dumbfounded that Shawn and Belle have a daughter that looks their age. Hope's grand-daughter and step-son are going to be a couple and they will POSSIBLY be in a triangle with Hope's daughter?

• Members

I feel confident that won't happen with this SORAS. The word "grandma" will not be uttered towards Hope from Claire's mouth, it'll be "dad's mom." They'll probably soon give her little to no interaction with the parents who appeared to birth her when they were 18 months old, lol.

• Members

I caught both Tuesday and Wednesday shows on Pop - visitng home - and I've really only catching random episodes once a month - but I thought Tuesday was A+ and Wednesday was A-. Kudos to giving John Anniston and Peggy McCay nice Thanksgiving spotlights - I've always enjoyed both actors and was so glad when Bo turned out to be Victor's than Caroline's awful husband. Love A Martinez, but Eduardo is horribly creepy. 

I will give them credit for making Bo's death felt throughout the entire canvas - it's a nice tribute to the character. And, thank goodness, Hope snapped out of it. KA deserves to be in the spotlight and a driver for the show. Shockingly, it doesn't even bother me that she's seeing Bo visions. 

• Members

Catching upon Tuesday...Random thoughts...

The trickle down news of Bo spreading was well done.

This is who Jennifer is, not the simp running around chasing orange peen, but not noticing Abigail is in trouble annoys me...

Not loving Bo's spectral vision...

The Chafe  adversarial-friendship isn't that bad. They need to tone down the Rafe propping in general, though...

I flove Victor and his scenes in Tuesday's episodes are spot on.

Sami got the upper hand on the DiMeras...beautiful...

Archived