Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I ended up watching some of Zach's death last weekend, for the first time. This one made me cry hard, especially because I was at my mother's coffin like that not too long ago. [I never much cared for Zach as I liked JT the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome baby more]. Along, with the many great moments of the 1980s and some of the 1990s, the many, many, many tough, bad, plain dreadful times in the relationship also makes it rich.

Chelsea and Hope make up, as karma eventually slaps Ms. Chelsea with the inability to have her own children. I could not have forgiven, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPrMBn_eUo

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love it, Toups!  Other than the lack of Shawn-D, the only thing missing from the episode was "Tonight I Celebrate My Love".  I cried all over again.  Thanks for putting this together.

I, too, liked JT better.  So many people talk about Zach and his death, and I was more upset when they had to give back JT.  I loved Shawn-D's relationship with JT, too.

• Members

I liked the potential of Aiden. I thought Cosgrove brought an easygoing charm to the role, even when Aiden was being a dick. They under-wrote the whole thing about his wife's death, and it never should've ceased to be an issue after their trip to the Puget Sound. After that, it seemed like they got a little lost with him, and he was basically just isolated with Hope, Rafe, and the Clyde stuff. I still think they could've saved him and used him with Jen. But they never quite managed to create a dynamic character who had the necessary weight, so of course when the latest Plan To Save Days kicked in, they took the easy way out.

• Members

Oh my God! Friday's episode took my breath away! Without a doubt one of the best episodes of a Days that I have ever seen in nearly 20 years of watching. I am speechless. Bo's demise happened so quickly - but I love the way it was written. Amazing job by all involved! God the flashbacks were a fan boy's dream come true and Ciara/Caroline tslkig at the house down to Steve/Kayla me moralizing Bo. My God it was soap gold all the way down to the snow falling at the end. 

• Members

So this weekend, I've gone between watching COD and some of the newer clips (2010 on) that I haven't seen. This is a collection of just really sweet scenes. They're sort of summation scenes with a nice symmetry between then and now. This has been really nice. The current stuff on screen is okay, but I am mostly saying that nice part about this YouTube trip I have been on.

The look of love (is in your eyes). 1990 vs 2010ish. The 1990 story clip is to usher Bo's return and ultimately Hope's departure. Bo is impersonating his impersonator impersonating Bo. Got that? [Ernesto wants "impostor" Bo to end things with Hope in part of his plan to ruin Victor. Pre-Cruise of Deception]. 2010ish clip is Claire missing, I guess.

Reminiscing/Chlds Play. 1990 vs 2000ish. One of the finale episodes of Cruise of Deception. I think the second set is pre-Bounty Hunter story-line (2003), possibly.

You seem to be confused, he belongs to me. The boy is mine. 1995 vs 2010ish. Old Bo has returned and is giving Hope mixed signals, 1995. Bo's ceased hitting up Carly for booty calls because ... well he belongs to Hope. Carly has an especially bad day in terms of seeing the truth, 2010ish.

In finale, "I was obsessed with you." Truth. Definitive.

• Members

Late answer, but yes. Stefano was supposed to give Joe a Phoenix tattoo. Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans protested against it so the whole thing was dropped.

If you don't have the episodes saved you better hurry up. Sony have taken down the majority of Days related Youtube channels, there's only a few left.

• Members

As rushed as Bozo's death was, I give it an A because it was well done.  And he's finally gone, so that gets an A+!  I don't give 2 chits what PR is whining about this time.  Time to move on.  Bope was always very pretty, but as super couples go, I don't believe they measured up to others.  They were indeed a super couple but I just got nothing from them together or apart.  I appreciated the flashbacks so very much, however.  Old school soap makes me nostalgic.  Pathetic what's become of what's left.  

• Members

Frankly, aside from Shane and Kimberly and Roman and Marlena (with both Wayne Northrop and Drake Hogestyn as Roman), I feel like DAYS' super couples don't measure up in retrospect.  Not Bo and Hope, not Steve and Kayla, and certainly not Justin and Adrienne, the last of whom actually seemed more interesting apart than together.

Archived