Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Lucas is a good leading man in a second tier, if that makes any sense. It's too bad they never made that effort with him. A reformed loser who sometimes still backslides. Something like what Jack Abbott might have been on Y&R if Bergman hadn't made him into such a prissy hag.

Reminds me of when 40 year old men used to write "romance comics."

• Members

Thanks Frequentsoapfan.

At this point soaps are not overflowing with talent, I get that. Hell, GH's lead can't even be bothered to learn his lines most days. I'm sure we can all name at least 5 people on each soap who are truly awful. Not just, "I don't like that person and that makes them bad", but this person would fail a drama class, bad. She's still a teenager, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse after this post, but how she got this job is a mystery. They need to give her the least amount of lines possibly because this is just embarrassing. 

Also totally agree that they should have tried to get PR for a little longer if they were going to kill Bo off. Why not at least let Bope have the holidays and than move onto a death story. As it stands this is just moving way to fast to be any good. 

• Members

ITA

Oh I agree she's not good and they shouldn't have put her in the lead. Its funny because I recall and interview with Miranda Rae Mayo before she booked her role on DAYS where she said at one point she auditioned and casting told her to come back when she had more credits to her name or something like that. And that was for a smaller role. Yet they hired  this actress who obviously needs more experience in a leading role. I've seen some teens actors start start horrible and improve over time as they went to more acting classes and booked more tv roles.

• Members

I thought it was a lovely tribute today, and I don't think Peter Reckell is any more hammy or variable an actor than he's always been. This is DAYS and that's who he is and he's selling his anguish and struggle. But yeah, I still can't believe they're doing it this way. All this talent from all these actors, all these memories and they're blitzing through it in two weeks. Kristian Alfonso looks a lot more easygoing too, despite whatever issues they may have had. They should've just given him a real contract or made some deal, but that wouldn't allow Dena to canonize Rafe. All this rushed version of a good story has done is make me more of a fan of Bo and Hope. (And I was much more of a Bo/Lisa Rinna Billie fan as a kid.)

I thought the kid playing Joey was much better in the last few days with Theo. Those two have an easy rapport as friends and he comes off well when he has to be Theo's more outgoing wingman. He's improving and the Theo kid is okay. Ciara, no.

I always liked Bryan Dattilo and Lucas, BTW, and I always felt he deserved more than he got. I wanted Lumi for years and years before they finally did it, and I thought they worked as a lead couple. But it's clear most of the production's staff considers Lucas a short little joke and they've helped to kind of make him into one. I still think he deserves more but he'll never get it unless James Scott categorically refuses to ever return.

• Members

Just caught the Bo/Rafe scenes and they WERE as bizarre as everyone has said already. They basically wrapped up 6 months of romantic strife into a single episode.

The actor playing Theo is the ONLY decent one among the teens. Ciara and Joey are incredibly painful to watch. They're awful. 

I don't care about Patch and Kayla at all.

Archived