Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I echo what others have said. The rushed Bope storyline makes no sense, if they had Reckell back on a limited basis. Why not get him home earlier? 

When they cast the new Ciara, didn't they test out to see how she does in emotional scenes? That voice, that face.... just no. 

The newbies being introduced are basically Jordan, Serena, Paige, Aiden, Zander, Sheryl, Clyde Part Two. Only one from that batch, Ben, started out as a total dud but has flourished now that he's a psycho undoubtedly on the way out. 

The integration of new family connections (Lani to Abe, Eduardo to everyone) has been terrible, flat, and uninteresting. Or not shown at all. Are Abe and Lani still continuing their conversation at the Martin house? 

Still waiting on a flashback episode. They better reminiscence like crazy at Christmas or when Bo is on his deathbed. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Galen Gering has perfected his "Irritated Dad Who Just Wants To Leave The Mall/Studio" brand of acting for the better part of twenty years.

I don't think this chick is necessarily as bad as Rahmer or Mikey Jerome from OLTL, but I do think she's begun to make the worst of Andrew Trischitta (who did improve) look good.

• Members

I've never had any real problem with Gering - I just don't think he's ever been suited to being a leading man (or THE leading man, as he, Daniel and EJ were for what felt like eons). I've also never liked any of his pairings, outside of Rafe and Carrie, which was ruined by MarDar's general ponderous incompetence and some of the worst pacing I can remember on a soap opera.

The show has a real problem with leading men and has for quite a while. Otherwise I'm not sure what the point was in bringing back Patch, who just doesn't work outside of the stylized era he came from. (and I'll never stop laughing over Stephen Nichols saying Fluckers was the best soap role he'd ever had, and clearly being very pissed at DAYS, only to pop back up anyway).

• Members

No, bc Ciara is supposed to be white. Besides while True was better than this dud, she still suck herself. It feels like this new regime was in a rush tor recast when they came aboard instead of taking their time and getting it right

Good lord these people are ridiculous. They want Hope to come out and party to move on from everything, yet last night she was partying at her wedding reception. Give her some time and space

Chelsea mention! Im glad they remembered her bc Bo kept going on and on about his kids with Hope.

Caroline is still having psyschic visions? How dumb. Where is Celeste?

WTF at Hope agreeing to marry Bo today

WTH would the Dimera passcodes be in Marlena's home? Sami wasnt even living there when she left town? Marlena wasnt even around

• Members

I don't get why they don't just make Bryan Dattilo/Lucas be the leading male of DAYS. BD can act circles around most of the male stars on the show. He's still handsome in my book. He's a freaking Horton for God's sake. I've wished for years for another soap or primetime gig to snag him so DAYS could realize what a jewel they have on their hands. 

Archived