Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everything that's been good about DAYS for weeks is disappearing because of the godawful pacing and forced storylines.

Bo was wasted for months and now let'shurryupandfinishthisstoryline because PR's contract is up. The Rafe stuff is gagworthy. Steve and Kayla? Like watching paint dry. The Sami story? Who cares.

The kid playing Theo is decent and has potential to get even better. Joey? Sorry, he's not improving at all. And to SORAS Ciara from that great little actress to this horrendous girl who plays Ciara now is tragic.

i read excuses for her here that she's probably nervous. No, she's just terrible. The actress HAS to have connections, because there's no way this girl wins the audition. We didn't give the girl who played Paige a break, so this disaster doesn't deserve one, either.

The only story working for me now is Abby/Ben/Chad. 

• Members

I love Steve and Kayla and have for a number of years, but these scenes where Kayla keeps haranguing him and now

just do not thrill me. Give them a new mystery where they're a loving family and it's not about Steve's dark past.

• Members

They shouldn't have aged Ciara yet. Should have waited until after the Bo story was done. They still need to cast a better 'teen' actress but at least Boles had the history with Reckell. Terrible timing.

I can't disagree that the show isn't all that exciting at the moment. I'll take it over Tomsell anyday but I don't care about Sami, Steve/Kayla are boring, the teens are bad actors, Bope is horrendously rushed ... sigh.

• Members

It does. And I tuned out then as well. I wasn't all that sold on the baby switch that so many praised at the time. All I could see was weepy heroine Sami, hero Rafe and how they were pushing him ... gee, see a pattern emerging? Rafe WILL be the new Daniel

we get it Dena Higley. We get it. WE GET IT.

Meanwhile Bryan Dattilo remains underused and off-screen. And poor Greg Vaughan sounds underused and miserable too. And how about bringing Bill Horton back instead of bringing on Eduardo that no one cares about other than he's played by A Martinez?

At least this regime severely backburnered Daniel but I could have some issues about that in the future.

Nicole's character instantly shifted back to career driven and became more familiar with the new regime but Tomsell did quite the number on her.

• Members

more like Rafe is back to being Rafe. I think people seem to forget that this was the way he was written prior to Tomsell. He was leading man with family coming out the woodwork and made to be way more important than he needed to be. He was self righteous and irritating as well. When he stopped being the show's pet, Daniel stepped in to take his place.

The  mid to late 30s crowd is so lacking these days. Eric is nonexistent and i hate Nicole. It'll take a miracle to recover the damage done to her. Being with Adrienne really ages Lucas, not that it matters bc they are boring and dont have much going for them.

And my poor Aiden wont even get a funeral. i get it as no one would attend besides Chase. I hope something is mentioned though whether he gets cremated or buried and they give Chase some closure.

On a related note I think its so tacky of Hope to marry his father last night and already move on to having sex with Bo the next day in the same house (and bed). I think Chase needs her right now and its insensitive to get back with Bo so soon. I hate that they are killing him off already bc I would have liked to have seen Chase have to deal with him and not be cool with him interjecting himself where Aiden left off

So as far as these teens go, Theo and Ciara will be together and I guess that leaves Joey and Chase to fight over Claire? I hope she is played by a better actress than the Ciara dud.

This should could really use a bitch. In the past that used to be Sami, but they domesticated her even before she left. Nicole has kind of evolved out of that role and they are already doing the same with Teresa as a mom now. The show needs a vixen that drives story forward and makes us love her even though we all should hate her. A Kristen type. And no thats not

• Members

I haven't forgotten how Rafe was written in the beginning. I started to tolerate and even like him at times once MarDar came on. And he got the NEW Daniel treatment under Tomsell for months (appearing a few times a month if that) so I wasn't unhappy. I haven't even minded him right now as the cop with a brain for a change, but the pushing of "Rope" and bringing on anyone they can for him just irritates me and reminds me of his introduction. The character is still poorly defined and just a warm body.

And the slew of newbies instead of even just writing for the characters they have is already irritating me. I have to wonder where we'll be in six months.

Am I the only one who just never cared much for Aiden OR Chase? I wish they hadn't aged Chase, TBH, but maybe he can become interesting. I also don't think boring Aiden was no loss, even though I didn't like the manner in which they went about it. I agree that Hope should be there for Chase and this is all moving at a terrible terrible pace. Horrible.

Days has been very dark and depressing. The show needs balance there's no romance or humor. I'm sick of characters dropping dead.The girl that plays Ciara was so jittery it was hard to watch. The kid that plays Theo has real potential which Days will most likely waste. The girl that plays Lani is just as bad as the girl playing Ciara. There was no build up to the reveal that she's Abe's daughter.  Paul is still MIA as is Eve and Sami forgot all about her first born child being murdered. The pacing for the stories is way off. All of Days reboots have started strong and fizzled this latest reboot looks no different.

• Members

It was a mistake to spend the majority of the Bo story with the kidnapping angle. I'm not sure why they made that choice. Could it be they were too far ahead by the time they decided to get Peter back for a bit? But, yeah the back home with wife and family part is the meat of the story and it is being rushed.

I'll give the kid playing Ciara a few more weeks. Compared to young Hope, and child Ciara so far it's a significant downgrade especially in the spunk and personality department. 

100% they're going to pair Ciara and Theo, which is a good idea on paper.

Ciara & Theo early set up as I continue YouTubing DAYS past:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTnc2D1fYA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuoiz7gwmx8

Archived