Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not really sold on Brady/Theresa. Meh. It's how they're "redeeming" Theresa. And Brady's just dumb. I LOL'd when Nicole wanted the real Brady to start talking today.

Ugh. I already don't care about Quinn/Xander knock-off Fynn. Finn? Smarmy bad boy. The actor didn't seem awful and with the new writers, we'll see. But eh. Don't care. LOL. I feel like Eric is going to get shut out and we're going to get Brady/Nicole/Theresa/Finn. Maybe they go with Eric/Jennifer? Neither of them are doing anything and Nicole is a little too involved in what's going on with Brady. I know they're friends too and I like them interacting again, but no thanks. I just feel like all these characters are aimless right now.

I think Kristian is doing a great job. They're getting it right with how they're writing Hope and Bo. Neither are the 'villains'. It's refreshing. I love Hope's guilt and Bo's devotion to her. I forgot that I once really liked them as a couple. Loved getting scenes between Hope and Jennifer [FINALLY!] and Shawn and Bo, but I've heard they cut Bo and Shawn's initial reunion scenes. Guess it was more important to show Brady and Theresa having hate sex. They've also cut numerous flashbacks. Julie was supposed to flash back to stealing from the department store when she was talking to Ciara but they cut that.

The teens are just green. I think they can grow and most younger actors end up flourishing because DAYS actually uses them with the adults and veterans. I don't think any of them are terrible. The girl playing Ciara made me cringe a bit today but she was good yesterday. And Theo's still an under five. So not much to go on. I thought Lastovic was flat as hell when Joey was insisting to his parents he wasn't on drugs.

• Members

I don't like the Ciara actress couldn't they find someone who opens there mouth when they are speaking she's horrible...just like that new cop.  Oh well like I said Kens filling the cast with cheapies that will cost him nothing to move the show to Hulu in a year...

• Members

I am surprised that no flashback-filled episode accompanied DAYS' 50th. Kinda disappointed actually. They did it for the 35th, 25th, and 21st (random, huh). Even if they only flashed back to those who are currently onscreen, they have plenty of vets that have been there for decades that they would have the "rights" to show.

• Members

Just finished watching Tuesday, Nov 10 episode and I have to say it was firing on all cylinders, not a hair out of place!  I would put this show in the top three for emmy writing, producing, directing submission.  Every beat the writers played...so smart...Hope scenes were riveting and I really liked Galen's portrayal of Rafe.  I know the show has turned in some vastly improved episodes, but this particular show had it all in spades. Kudos and I hope it continues.  Even though the show is as dark (depressing) as it's ever been; it's been griping and entertaining.  And, yes, Peter Reckell can go back to retirement. Glad he has come back to honor the character's history but he's no longer needed; more drama without him.  

• Members

IDK. How is the show "dark and depressing"? I hear fans spouting that and I don't see it. Murder, death, kidnappings ... it's an everyday thing for a soap. It's called drama. Action. Adventure. Putting characters in high stakes situations because we care about what happens to them.

Three people were murdered. And they were all basically swept under the rug.

I guess it can be a bit much to see a pregnant Abby kidnapped and terrorized by the model from a game show, or Aiden marrying Hope, sexing her up and then trying to kill her, or Ben bashing Chad's head violently against the bed ...

I guess it does need a few lighter moments but I don't ever feel 'depressed' watching the show. I feel invested. It's darker but it should be, IMO. It's not for everyone though.

I agree with this. I'm disappointed about that as well. I think they thought by probably inserting flashbacks into other episodes, like they were supposed to do with Julie/Ciara and the shoplifting (and we actually saw a flashback of John and Marlena's epic pier reunion) that it would ultimately suffice. It might have if they weren't all cut. Yet we can get flashbacks to what happened five minutes prior.

• Members

Wow, I didnt realize they'd already start killing Bo off. I mean Aidan just died on Monday and by Friday we learn Bo is dying? I really dont give two sh-ts of this mess of a storyline

Jennifer should be a bit more worried about Abigail. Why is she taking texts as acceptable? Thats alarming right there

Ciara....no comment

Steve and Joey.....I hate these convenient excuses for he and Bo. I dont know why they cant just be written as having f--ked up. Let them own their sh-t and try to make up for it.

Archived