GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Talking about Liz's deception in the other thread made me realize how much I wish Carly were the one hooking up with Jason and keeping that secret. OMG that could have been good. Not sure if it would have worked with LW in the role, they've played down the way Carly used to be in love with Jason since she took over, but it would have been such a bigger betrayal to so many more people. 

I think Emme has done a good job with this reveal. I'm buying her hurt and anger. The rest of the characters are not really bringing it. I want to root for Dillon, but I just don't like this version of the character. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mentioned this in another thread but I'm so hot and cold with Emme. I think she does really well with a lot of the lighter material, has a nice subtle humor about her, and occasionally makes me emotional with the heavier stuff. I think she is better when she's understated a bit more, like in yesterday's show. I bought her pain today, especially how defeated she looked when Maxie got her, but she still comes off as extremely "act-y" and "script-y," despite me still buying into it. It's the oddest thing. She is someone you can tell for sure is acting because of how inconsistent she is, which irks me a lot. Sometimes she even goes from decent to dreadful within a matter of seconds or between segments. I've never seen daytime performances that make me feel so polarized LOL.

I felt Dominic Zamprogna was also pretty bad today and I usually love his work. He does understated sensitivity well but he was too understated today. I felt like Dante just didn't give a [!@#$%^&*]. Maybe Dom played it that way because he wanted out of scenes with Emme. ;)

Brytni Sarpy and Robert Palmer Watkins were okay but nothing special. Both were a bit better than usual but are still very green. There is potential there though.

Hayley Erin continues to amuse me as #DrunkKiki, gotta love that Twitter hashtag. I have been noticing improvements in her acting lately, especially with the onset of the lush storyline. Her scenes being a ratchet bitch toward Ava at the bar a few weeks back gave me life and I was so amused by her passively aggressively calling Darby "Darcy" today for some reason. All I have to say is THANK GOD we don't have KA here trying to play this story. Hayley is a much better actress IMO.

Bryan Craig looked like (even more of) a complete neanderthal in his hat with his stupid ass facial expression. I can't handle him anymore.

PS, was anyone else confused as hell with Dillon and Valerie screaming at each other in one section of the boat and then cutting to Kiki and Morgan on the same boat, presumably ten or so feet away from each other, and none of them heard each other? It really threw me off.

• Members

He was terrible! 

I felt I was watching a high school play with them. Brytni Sarpy tries too hard and always falls flat with her acting. Robert Palmer….LOL…his mom had to be a fan….ummm….has no acting abilities as well…he has a nice smile but thats about it….LOL

• Members

Sorry, but GHayley Erin reminds me of Kelly Sullivan...not in any way a good thing.  The good part of FrankeNinny being on the edge of story, is that they could just fall off that edge. Neither character meshes w/ the rest of the story. A little push, and most of the characters wouldn't even notice...

Please register in order to view this content

Right off the edge ...

• Members

Emme Rylan rocked it today such a fabulous performance. She kicked freaking ass and everything about the reveal and fall out is the essence of smarttv. Just great stuff Rylan should get an emmy nod this is her role. While I liked Julie she left her own decision and moving on.

• Members

Who is this Darcy and where the hell did she come from?

Valerie needs to STFU. All she was doing was deflecting. Like you slept with your cousin's husband. There's no defending that

Carly had Jake's DNA run against Jason's from the criminal database? WTF?!? Helena had his DNA records removed from that a year ago bc they already did a search for Jake and came up empty. It would have made more sense for her to do a comparison against Jake or Danny, both of whom should be on record at the hospital 

The Lulu/Dante confrontation fell flat. I kept itching to FF. Maxie and Nathan? I actually did FF them. Scratch that, I ended up FF Lulu and Dante midway through as well

Whore contrinues to lie to Jake. Cant wait till this blows up in her face

• Members

I have to agree.  Emmy did a really good job.  Not great or award worthy, but she pulled her weight.  Dom is who disappointed me.  I swear he's playing this like Dante squeezed the toothpaste from the middle of the tube.  Very sweet moment when Maxie came to get her friend, told Lulu she loved her and took her away.  That was really good.  

• Members

Michael Logan ‏@TVGMLogan

Damn. @PFossil @MichelleAltman1 & their team are doing a terrific job with these long-awaited payoffs. Today was INSANE @GeneralHospital #GH

Oh hells yes Michael Logan. Smarttv is here on our screens and damn how great has November been. It's just payoff payoff. Jelly saving soaps is all I'll say with their genius approach to soaps.

• Members

Logan has been a critic for many years he has stock in the industry. Yesterday's GH was fan and Dom Z rocked it too. BTW Laura Wright killing it in her scenes about Jason. IMO Wright deserves the lead actress emmy this year what a freaking year for her. Best work of her entire career. BTW let's all wish Laura congrats she is celebrating 10 years at GH as Carly the longest Carly. 

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospital-carly-crash-lulu-and-dante-have-it-out/2015/11/04/#more-83720

Omg omg Micheal Fairman raving about yesterday's GH. Talking about what a thrill ride it. Go Laura, Emmy and Dom. It's not even freaking four days and already GH is having the best sweeps. Go Smarttv Go Smarttv.

• Members

I tuned in yesterday because I'm interested in the Jason reveal after all this time but I have to say I kinda wished I hadn't. I found nothing about the show very interesting. Just a lot of (bad) overacting from Kucka and LaLa. The car crash of Carly's to drag out the reveal even more was cliché and no, not smartTv. It was lameTv. Years ago I used to love GH and wish I still could but other than Carly, Sam, and Jake/Jason I couldn't have cared any less about any of the others.

It's sweeps??? Then where's Anna? Laura? Bobbie? The Quartermaines? Where's GH?

Archived