GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately I was so embarrassed by perpetually behind the times MAB having soccer mom Emme doing a Paris Hilton 10 years after Paris stopped being relevant, I couldn't watch her either. 

But at least they are now both gracing us with their presence on GH, along with other Y&R saviors and visionaries like La Staf and the Kool Aid Man. 

• Members

:lol: at the shade to Stafford and Miller. 

But I loved Emme as Abby but the Paris Hilton shtick was stupid. I did love how they teased Abby hating Nikki and Victoria but I hated how MAB quickly dropped it and made her a Nikki/Victoria apologist. I always wanted Abby and Adam to be close as the bastard kids (in Nikki's mind) and rival Nikki's kids, who feel they are the true Newman heirs. It seemed to be teased at one point. 

Emme's Abby was also hot when paired with Carmine. That was squashed quickly too, sadly.

I hate how they made Emme play Abby like she was 18 too when they should've just aged her and played her opposite her actual peers, Lily, Chloe, Kevin, etc. They did start that towards the end when she got involved with Carmine. 

• Members

Emme's Abby was not hot with Carmine. The only only one who had chemistry with him was Lauren. Everything about Emme's Abby was terrible. Especially that Paris Hilton trash. I hated when soaps did that when Paris was in her prime and like Carl say so many year later when it was irrelevant was even worse. I will never understand the hype Emme gets because she was awful on Y&R and she's been awful on GH. 

• Members

I do think she's improved since that awful scene of her over McBain -- Silas -- ;) but this quote about sums her up. She's trying and Kiki is slightly fun to watch as a trainwreck mess who snarks at everyone but that can only go so far.

Rylan's decent. She can rise to the occasion, and I don't think she's terrible. I've come to like her as Lulu and she's less hard than Berman's Lulu was. Rylan worked pretty well with Brandon Barash, IMO. I'm not sure where she and Zamprogna have chemistry or not. I think it's time to move Lulu and Dante into different relationships and Valerie won't cut it for Dante. But I feel like they're going with Valerie/Nathan/Maxie/Dillon, which pains me because three out of four of them are just absolutely terrible, IMO. They're nice enough. We've had far worse, but the actors completely lack any sort of presence IMO. And I know Storms is annoying but I'm used to her Maxie and when she's not squeaking her lines she can deliver if she's given better material, IMO.

• Members

Yes, Jason reveal has been extremely well done; so much so that I almost forgot how dumb so many of the plots were under RC.  And that they are replaying Robin's alive reveal with this Jason reveal, which just happened a few years ago not to mention and little Jake reveal.  Monumentally lazy writing to keep bringing these folks back from the dead in a two year period.  

And Lulu:  don't get me started on that hysterical bimbo's reaction to Dante getting some hoochie from Val.  What is this?  the 1950s? She's married into a mob family; her father is an insane, rapist/criminal. Come on...I know it's melodrama but this is paint by numbers kindergarten portrayal of sexual betrayal. 

The biggest problem with GH (which has been the case for years) is that the show is built around the criminally insane (Franco, Ava, Phyllis Newman (ha), Luke, Obrect (chief of staff!!!) and criminals (Sonny, Ana, Hornsby, Jason, Nicholas, Hayden) who get away with anything and everything.  There's no hook in that.  Everyone gets off, everyone comes back to life and yet they still do things like child custody trials between two mob bosses which is so absurd.  And they can't hold on to the likable heroes like Patrick because the actor is fed up with the crap they've given him.

This show is still a big hot mess.  No matter how pretty it looks or how well acted the individual scenes.

Archived