OLTL actor Nathaniel Marston in critical condition after car accident

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is very heartbreaking news :( I was only an infrequent OLTL viewer when he was on the show (Stack had already taken over by the time I began to watch regularly), but he's one of the people who immediately come to mind when I think of that era of ABC Daytime. I'm sending the warmest thoughts to his family and other loved ones at this time.

• Members

Very sad to hear about this tragedy and his passing. I never watched One Life but I certainly do remember him as Eddie on ATWT and of course his troubles then but I'm glad he had successes over the years and unfortunately his life was cut short too abruptly. May he rest in peace. 

• Members

My heart is heavy.  While I'm glad that he was spared from a difficult future, I'd be much happier had he been spared from this painful ordeal to begin with.  When I was living in New York, shopping for representation, I met with someone on the team of the actor who replaced Nathaniel on OLTL.  I said, "Congrats!  But it's really a shame what happened with (Nathaniel)."  This person responded, "Not for us!"  I thought right then and there, "How callous."  Folks, we are so quick to snark and judge and dismiss, but you don't know WHAT these people out here are going through.  God bless you if you've never been mentally and emotionally tortured, if you've never known such heights of destructive behavior and pain.  There but for the grace of God...  Fame, infamy, bank account, artist, CPA... regardless.  If you are blessed to have your sh!t together in the presence of a loved or merely liked one who is not as blessed as you, wrap your literal/figurative arms around them and do the best you can to help.  Experience tells me, you have the time to make a difference even if you think you don't.

My heart goes out to his mother, who went above and beyond to keep us all updated.  She was well within her right to share nothing.  My sincere condolences to his loved ones who may visit this site.

• Members

This is just heartbreaking. I liked him as an actor and as a person. He was kind, funny and way more open about his struggles than most people would be in his position especially if he thought it would help somebody else. He didn't seem to know much peace in life. I'm glad his suffering is over.

Archived