OLTL actor Nathaniel Marston in critical condition after car accident

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was pretty candid about some (though not all) of his issues in Jeff Giles' OLTL oral history, and very complimentary of Chris Stack, his emergency replacement who I found superior in the role.

I always thought he was very miscast as Al Holden and I never really thought Michael McBain was much of a character with him in the role, but he always was dedicated onscreen and his chemistry with Kathy Brier in that first summer was just wonderful.

• Members

TPTB were TRULY surprised that a super sweet romance between "the fat girl" and "the handsome guy" (??? I guess, they were pretty even in the looks department honestly) could be popular. They worked because it wasn't shoved down our throats and they were decent people and Kathy Brier was just a great actress. They tried to make Michael and Marcie work but it didn't until they had to recast and we got the baby switch plot and Marcie on the run in Paris, Texas (which I'd totally forgotten about until a few weeks ago).

I hope he makes a complete recovery.

• Members

Update from his mom:

"Nate update: Nate was able to decide and express very clearly this morning that he is not going to give up without a fight. He is going into surgery at 300 this afternoon. The goal is to get him breathing on his own. The Dr said that there is a good chance that he will recover the use of upper body movement and a slim chance that he will walk again. Recovery will take 2 or more years but where there is life there is hope. Nate has never walked away from a fight and he is determined to win this one.. please pray for Nates full and complete recovery. Both Nate and I appreciate your love prayers and support."

I'm genuinely shocked that he's even regained consciousness.

• Members

Latest update:

"Dear Friends and Family of Nathaniel Marston. My beloved Son Nathaniel made it through today's surgery and his Dr.'s are pleased with the result. He is still in critical condition but now we have hope. Please continue to keep Nathaniel in your thoughts and prayers, asking God for Nathaniel's complete and full recovery. I will continue to post as I have news. Thank you again for your positive thoughts and prayers which have, and are making a difference. Sending peace, love and light out to all of you.Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

• Members

They really were at their best together that first summer of 2003. Marcie as a character was certainly never that great again, and certainly not before that either, when she basically served as Gretchen Weiners to Jen Rappaport's Regina George.

Anyway, good for Nate! It's really amazing he's even awake and interacting at all.

And yes, Vee, the sick bitch in me wants to make an ATM joke after that "never walks away from a fight" quote. I know, awful.

• Members

There's a press release:

"Actor Nathaniel Marston, best known for his work on daytime television (ex-Al Holden, ex-Michael McBain, One Life to Live; ex-Eddie Silva, As The World Turns) was critically injured in a single-car crash on Friday, October 30 in rural Nevada. According to local highway patrol and tribal police, no drugs or alcohol were involved in the accident.

A preliminary investigation has lead police to believe that Marston was fatigued and fell asleep while driving. The vehicle drifted into the opposite lane and it is believed that when Marston awoke he over-corrected, causing his pickup truck to flip several times. He was ejected from the vehicle through the windshield and upon landing crushed several vertebrae in his neck and back. Remarkably, he suffered no head trauma.

Doctors initially believed that, should Marston survive, he would be paralyzed from the neck down and need a ventilator to breathe. But following surgery the prognosis has brightened considerably. Marston regained consciousness for a short while, understood the situation and was clear-headed enough to make medical decisions for himself. There will be more surgeries in the near future, but it is now believed that with significant physical therapy the actor should be able to regain function of his upper body, although it is too soon to tell when, or if, he will be able to walk again.

Marston’s mother, Elizabeth Jackson, has been at his bedside ever since being notified of the crash, and has since been joined by other family members. She has attempted to keep friends and fans updated through her Facebook page, asking for prayers and healing thoughts to be sent up for her son. She is encouraging people to check her page or the official Nathaniel Marston Facebook for news of his progress. She also requests that people continue to send out prayers of comfort and healing for Nathaniel."

• Members

From Micheal Easton's Facebook page:

FOR NATHANIEL...
If you would like to send a get well card, warm wishes, etc. please send them to Nat in care of his mother's P.O. Box:

Nathaniel Marston c/o Elizabeth Jackson
P.O. Box 175
Gerlach, NV 89412

There is also a Go Fund Me page set up to help his mother defray hospital and other related costs: https://www.gofundme.com/db8evzbw

Archived