Y&R Actor Axed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole point of the Billy character IS that he is so much younger than the rest of his siblings and even Victoria and Nick, so DT looking young - even for his age - actually better fits the character. If he was paired with EH/MCE upon return, it would've worked. Look at Kevin - he looks young and is paired with far younger actresses. (This isn't a debate about Kevin and the value of the character.) On the other side, GT has been front and center with a bunch of old men when she could easily be terimg up the sheets with characters like Joe, Adam, Nick, Cane, etc. 

• Members

I completely agree that they should have stayed with David Tom. I thought he and MCE were good together. Billy and Chelsea went to hell as soon as DT left. I have a really hard time believing that AH had the power to get DT fired though. 

Anyway, if JT is the new Billy that's a step up from what we have now. 

• Members

He definitely had a rough start, but he was also throw into the middle of a huge storyline and that didn't help him at all. Once they started pairing him up with MCE, there was a definite rhythm. I mean, seriously, Tom was given a very short period of time - look how long they gave Gramps Billy and he didn't have nearly the weight of storyline to walk into. I just think they need to give the Billy character a long rest unless it's BM. If yet another recast - especially the rumored one - give it six months or more. 

• Members

He's saying it was his decision to leave:

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2015/11/billy-says-bye-bye-to-yr.html

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS has confirmed that Burgess Jenkins is exiting as Billy. "It's been a terrific time," the actor said in a statement, "but after a lot of thought I have made the difficult decision to leave Y&R.

"Commuting back and forth from the East Coast where my home and family are based has been challenging," he added. "I've had a great ride in Genoa City and I will miss our talented cast and crew tremendously. I would like to thank all of the amazing fans for their support, [executive producer] Jill Farren Phelps and [headwriter] Chuck Pratt for their excellent leadership and everyone at Sony and CBS for this opportunity."

Archived