YR: Actor dropped to recurring

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was never a reason to age this character, beyond MAB's laughable ego. And it's been proven with one failed recast after another. 

The show's constant, constant inability to actually give anything worth a damn to any of these SORASED "legacy" characters in the last decade (Noah, Abby, Kyle, Summer, et al) is a great example of how rotted out Y&R is.

• Members

I thought he played the smug little [!@#$%^&*] very well. He's a reasonably decent actor, but the role and the writing really made him out to be a twerp. If they intended anything else it's their failure more than his, IMO. At least he didn't come off like a creepy lounge lizard or a hulking Neanderthal like the last two.

I guess he'll go back to doing very homoerotic/outright gay Australian films! Not that I'm complaining. Also, their update says he has been bumped to recurring, not that that's a big difference from being out.

• Members

I think the character has been a fail for several seasons now but I don't want them to keep offing Abbotts.

They could always send the character to go bond with his older brother Keemo.  Does Jabot have any Asian regional operations?  An exit story could be as simple as he and Summer having a bad breakup and Kyle decides to go to another part of the world entirely (presumably to get away from Summer et al) and decides to branch out Jabot's Asian distribution network by expanding to Vietnam and seeks Keemo's help.  

We all know that PB is practically allergic to any mention of the Luan/Keemo storyline but Keemo is a part of Y&R stoyline history and we wouldn't even have to see Keemo, we could just hear about it.

Y&R should think long and hard before launching yet another drastic exit storyline, especially in regards to Abbotts.  Quite a few of those have come back to bite them in the keyster.

Archived