GH: Two actresses return

• Members

She hasn't played her for 30 years nonstop. I do think it's possible she could be recast. I don't think Alison Sweeney for example could be, but I do think people could accept a Robin recast if it was the right actor. She should've stayed dead because they can't kill her again and you really have very few options if Kimberly won't stay full time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen Does anyone remember the horror that was Sandra Ferguson as Felicia. Id rather have Robin with KMC pop up then have Robin full time with a new actress. Plus i feel JT is out so Robin, Patrck & Emma will leave PC together.

KMC played the role from 1985-1999 and 2005-2012 full time and then recurring after that so no I wouldnt just accept any recast sorry. 

• Members

I guess we have to reconcile ourselves with it not being about the show but about the actors and pairings.  GH should not be held hostage to Kim's availability.  Its not like Frank has much interest in Robin anyhow.  He only cares about his creations.  

Robin should have been recast or killed long ago.  AIDs should have done her in in 2012 when she left.  Continuing to put up with these ATM visits is ridiculous and doesn't serve GH at all!  I don't care if she played the character for 50 years.  If AMC lost Lucci at any time, they'd write the character out because Erica Kane cannot be recast, but I doubt Lucci would hold a show hostage.  She's much too decent for that.  

Robin needs to be written out once and for all or killed off!  If she is written out, Kim can return for GH's final eppy, which won't be too long from now.  

• Members

Where are people getting that Kimberly is holding GH hostage? I dont see that at all. I see it as Ron didnt wanna write for robin and Im sorry but i dont blame Kimberly for not wanting to do that dreckthat Ron was writing. I also put some of this on Frank. At OLTL Tuc Watkins came and went a lot but they filmed it in a way that he wasnt off screen that long. Frank could do that at GH with Kimberly of he wanted but something tells me Robin isnt a priority for him

I have a feeling this is patrick's exit and I hope its a well done ending

• Members

Ron was in charge of nothing.  I phrased that wrong.  Kim is not available full time and Frank has no interest in her or the character, so what is the fuss about?  She needs to be written out permanently or killed off.  Back in the day, we didn't have the internet to whine about these things.  It happened and we watched at the edge of our seats what happened next.  Now, you can't recast or kill characters these days.  Its all just a bit too ridiculous to me.  

• Members

They could in theory, but I can't remember the last good recast of a major character this show had. 

I don't see any real need for Robin at this point. I would write out Patrick and Emma and that would be it. If Kim wanted to return for holiday visits or time with Anna (if she stays around that is), or Anna and Robert if Tristan returns, I'd say fine. Otherwise, I feel like she had her day. 

• Members

I'm not a huge KMc fan but I don't think she should be recast.  A lot of fans (myself included) have seen her grown up before our eyes.  I wouldn't accept a recast.  I hate recasts.  Why does Robin need to be on the show?  Send her off with Patrick and Emma. 

• Members

Chit, Kimberly has been willing to come back. Frank didn't like that she wasn't beholden to him and called off at least one extended return stint planned to wrap this up over the last year, then tried to recast the role with Budig (which would have flopped). It's the same [!@#$%^&*] he pulled with Rogers, Lindstrom and Genie Francis but on a bigger scale. He gets petty when actors aren't at his beck and call and gambles that they will bend the knee and do it his way, and he keeps missing the mark. (It's also partially Ron's fault for writing this endless storyline which was rather cynically designed to try to save them every sweeps period.) McCullough didn't write or produce this story for her, they did.

And Frank has been trying forever to try and make it about her in the press, like she won't come back. No, it's because FV and RC couldn't get their [!@#$%^&*] together on bringing her back, or accepting that she was not going to come back on contract. She's been willing to come back and do this.

• Members

other soaps recast big parts.  Sometimes it is amazing.  Sometimes it is awful.  But GH didn't traditionally recast the big characters very often.  

Part of it is a carry over from the Monty era.  She just didn't recast parts once the show got really big (Heather being the only one I can remember). They started a new story with a new character.  Frisco left, we got Colton.  Robert left, Anna became Police comissioner.

Its so rare I can only think of AJ, Ned, Edward, Dawn, and Carly before we got to JFP, and those were all in the 1990's.  Oh and the other Duke, which didn't work out.

I don't enjoy recasts on GH, but on other soaps that are more writer driven I don't mind them.

• Members

I can't remember if I posted this or not but I heard they initially wanted Rebecca Budig as a Robin recast but the ABC higher ups vetoed it and voila, Hayden Barnes appeared. Who knows if that's true but I bet there's a bit of truth there. I don't think they were every 100% thinking they would never recast Robin when it's clear as day McCullough has moved on.

• Members

This is the spoiler for October 30th:

Elizabeth receives a special wedding gift from her grandmother and starts to feel nervous about her upcoming big day.

I'm sure they'll think of an excuse as to why Audrey isn't at the actual wedding, I think there will be too much drama exploding everywhere to include her. This way, we still get to see her and Elizabeth interact about the wedding. They won't have time to focus on Audrey and having here there for reaction would be pointless since she's been off screen for the last two years, not to mention expensive to use her at the wedding when she probably wouldn't even have any dialogue.

Archived