Y&R: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Sage is a breath of fresh air.  She hasn't been hanging around for so many years that the writers don't know what's left to do with her.  The character and the actress gained some new fans after she ripped into Nick and icky Vicky. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree with everything except for Redzilla. Gina T. is propping up ALOT of people right now.  There's a reason that girl was hired...people miss Stafford?  She would look ridiculous right now.  Gina sells this better than everyone that could have been in this role given the writing.  I think the reason I'm still OK with the show is the cast of breakdown/assistant writers.  I still see names that I know were good.  Michael Conforti, among a couple others.  The fighting chance is that those writers stand up and re-write some stuff they are given before anyone with approval authority sees it.  hahahahaha.

• Members

Thats the problem. All of them are throwing stones at Adam and each other and they shouldn't be because not one of them is a saint. I did like what Phyliss did tell Chelsea. I can't believe how bad Pratt has destroyed Victor Newman. I use to be a fan of his no matter what I just can't with him anymore. He is an evil human being with no heart. 

• Members

None of the actors seemed bored, least of all Eric Braeden, whose work was his best in a long time. 

I have problems with the character Victor, too, but saying EB wasn't invested just isn't fair.

Yeah, let's back up 40 years and copy what EON did. Right. 

To me, anti-climactic would have been some grand announcement at a party while everyone gasped. Been there, seen that a thousand times.

I'm with you, skiman. Three great episodes in a row -- strong acting, strong writing.

• Members

Read my post regarding today's episode. I didn't need a big party to gasp I just felt the 10/5 episode lacked a lot of emotion and expression. The 10/6 episode was vastly superior which dealt with the sinking in. I didn't like Braeden yesterday but I did really enjoy his work today especially his facial expressions when Victor had take a moment to contemplate his words for once. 

Well with Sage

• Members

Gina Tognoni has nothing to do with Phyllis being a hypocrite. She shouldn't tell Chelsea or anyone anything b/c Phyllis has practically committed every sin there is. 

But Phyllis can't talk about Chelsea b/c she practically did the same stuff Chelsea did when she first came on the show and was obsessed with Danny. 

And Victor was destroyed long before. Pratt just made him so repulsing that there's no point of return. Victor could save a bus full of kids and his sins still wouldn't be washed away. 

• Members

I missed a lot the last couple of days but today they referenced Adam delivering Sage's baby in Chancellor Park.  I'm glad I missed that because Adam delivered Chelsea's baby after she crawled through a frozen pond and they're just rewriting the same crap over and over.  The show also likes to try and redeem characters, Adam in particular, by having him rescue people and deliver babies instead of writing a compelling redemption story. 

Have to say I loved the last part of the show today where Nick greeted his son in the NICU with the theme music playing over the scene and then the scene of Nikki telling Victor he had a new grandson. Nice.

• Members

So true, but that's what makes Sharon Case perhaps Y&R's most valuable player - no matter what is thrown her way, she plays it 100% and no matter how bad, she is able to still have the majority of the audience caring about Sharon. Even with BurnedOut Brushfire propping - the audience is connecting with it at all. 

• Members

Sage didn't deliberatly take his daughter and give her to another man, then sit by and watch him and his daughter in pain.  Sharon deserved to be hung out to dry. Will Dr. Doom pump Sharon full of drugs and convice her that Nick's baby is really hers? 

Archived