Y&R: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

This should have been the reveal of the year but due to poorly written episode in my opinion. It's just not working for me  There was a few good moments but even some of the actors seemed to bored at times, the worst being Braeden. 

At least Sage is finally being knocked off her pedestal. Why was Victor the first person in what, four or five years to bring up the purple dress gas-lightning? 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was OK with the reveal...I'm kind of glad they did it in smaller groups rather than one big event.  Like someone else mentioned - it gave opportunity for different conversations rather than one big collective gasp with a  roomful of people.  I have mixed feelings overall right now....I don't think the show is as bad as others, but I agree with what someone said....the whole Patty thing is weak.  Don't really care right now.  The Ian/Adam virus thing just happened so fast for the most part...Ian's in jail, then he's out, then he's in...with no explanation of how he's coming and going from prison (unless I missed it).  Jack has been reduced to a total lapdog.  Victor never pays for anything he does - it's just old.  I actually was kind of interested in the Devon/Hillary thing - but don't like that they made Neil a nut.  But that has flopped.  Day in day out I usually do find something to hold my attention for a few minutes...but they need to get something rolling long term...more like the Adam storyline, rather than these short arc things like Sleeping Beauty Hilary and Paragon/Ian.

• Members

The Sag propping on today's show was hurl worthy.  How the f.uck does she get off being portrayed as one of Adam's victims?  There's a big hole in how Adam came to be Gabriel, assuming that Adam was not in a state of being after the accident to concoct his makeover into Bingham.  That leaves Sage as the brainchild behind it.  But because she's a FOJ, even Nikki is propping her?!?  Can you imagine her doing that if Sharon was in her place?  Or Phyllis?  It's sickening.

On the plus side, JH played the hell out of it.  He towers over Burgess physically so the fight scenes weren't very believable imo.  GT was on point.  The woman can tell a whole story without saying a word.

• Members

Sage - I thought the same thing.  Who was caring for him and hiding him all that time.  Nick WENT to the HOUSE...if Sage is so innocent wouldn't he be wondering why she was willingly hiding this guy ("Gabe")....why was he never anywhere around when he was at the house???  Because they were hiding him.  And they know Constance or whatever the old woman's name was - was on her death bed, so she wasn't doing all the work.  Sage gets off scott free.  Until maybe Victor thinks about it and goes after her....maybe just like he always has a vendetta against Sharon he'll develop one vs. Sage.

• Members

^^^ I hope so Fev.  What I'm afraid is gonna happen is all that history will be white washed because KSu is a FOJ.  Why do TIIC think the audience wants to see this character?  KSu was not good today.  At all.  That frown/cry face she makes is distracting and she comes off plastic.  Fake.  Pretentious.  What little usefulness the character had is long gone.

• Members

So I relented and decided to tune in today and it was just abysmal. All the hypocrisy amongst the characters made me wince throughout. I had to turn it after awhile. 

1. Pole rider Nikki cutting for Sage annoyed me. After all the grief she gave Sharon for doing the same crap, she wanted Nick to forgive Sage. 

2. SKANKtoria passing judgment on Sage for lying and possibly carrying Adam's baby when this b-tch was just questioning who the father of her daughter was.

3. Victor coming down on Adam and all his actions when he just had Phyllis raped, AND had his grandson and granddaughter's significant others killed. 

4. Nick whining about Sage lying when he lied about Summer being Jack's possibly. 

5. Grandpa Billy acting righteous when he has a plethora of sins underneath his belt. 

6. Redzilla coming down on Chelsea (and Adam) about their wrongdoings, but bitch, didn't you come on the show unhinged and committing crimes left and right? Have a seat. 

Today just exemplified why this show is a mess and why I don't watch it anymore. None of the characters are likable. Drop a bomb on GC. Kill them all. Move on. 

• Members

No kidding! I fully expect when everyone realizes Sage was the 'mastermind,' that the reveal of who she really is to Nick and his past will come out, which will provide her the appropriate leverage. And, yeah, if Sharon had been the one to help Adam - it would've been a 'vast conspiracy' instead of 'unintended consequences.' 

• Members

I really wish it would never be brought up again, short of getting rid of Adam. That was some creepy [!@#$%^&*] that really messed up the Adam character. I'm all for dark characters, but that was too much for a daytime character that we are supposed to see as a viable lead and love interest.

• Members

I had low expectations so when I watched online, the episode wasn't as bad as I expected, although it did sag mid-way through to the end. 

Y&R was never one of those 'warm' and hearthy daytime dramas but I was surprised by how cold and distant some of these scenes seemed.  Maybe it was just me but that scene between Nikki, Nick, Sage and Victoria seemed kind of soulless.  Sage went up and down between seemingly angelic and demonic, and that was, er, interesting in the acting choices, but it was at least not boring.  And Nick's sense of wariness and fatigue did come across very clearly (though we know it won't be long until he's on top of somebody again) but Nikki seemed oddly detached.  If you didn't know these characters and you just tuned in, Nikki's relationship to Nick might not be clear.  You could've switched Nikki out for any number of other characters, deliver pretty much the same lines and the sentiment would've been pretty much the same.

I got that same feeling with a few scenes in this episode, like Victor and Phyllis, for example.  These scenes lacked specificity-- you could've plugged in different combinations of characters and the effect would be pretty much the same.  

• Members

Tuesday's fallout episode was a lot better than Monday's cumbersome, lethargic reveal in my opinion. Kelly Sullivan as Sage was very surprisingly the strongest in her scenes with Nick, Victoria, and Nikki and had a great moment with Adam. I did like the Adam and Victor at the bar moments as the dialogue and flashback was well used. Hartley sold it very well. The Phyllis/Chelsea scenes were actually pretty awkward when you take into consideration the big picture of both their histories and their both recent identity confusions(Chelsea didn't realize she was sleeping with Adam, Phyllis didn't realize she was not sleeping with Jack). 

Can't wait til Sage

This was a key point to what I was saying earlier, the performances were off and the reveal just fell flat largely due to such apathetic and unsympathetic characters in this situation. Adam's been the rootable one here yet due to his own very dark past and the persistence to write him in a corner he can't come out the corner and triumph. At least he's been real unlike the triumphant hypocrites of Genoa City. 

The unique Newman family dynamic has never been the same since Heather Tom left and they killed off Cassie. They've obviously never been the Horton's or the Hughes' but at least they had something endearing about them. 

• Members

I enjoyed the reveal. But I loved Sage standing up for herself when Nick and nasty Victoria were attacking her.  I was proud of Sage when she told Nick she would give him a divorce him right away and tell his lawyer she didn't want a damn thing from him!  I also loved how Nikki stood up for Sage.  Nikki really seems to like her,  she really liked and approved of Avery too. 

Archived