GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Valerie is not pregnant. Sabrina is pregnant. Nathan found a pregnancy test in a bag that was left behind by Valerie (the pregnancy test belonged to Sabrina). Nathan told Dante. Dante confronted her. Valerie gave him hell for bombarding her and demanding answers (she later caved when he apologized...wish she stayed angry// Dante was an ass). Meanwhile Sabrina takes the test, She is pregnant but she hasn't told Michael (at least, not yet).

• Members

Why does the show write it as if Hayden/Nikolas have this long-standing history and relationship? Or is it just a way the characters are snowing Hayden? It's sort of ridiculous to hear the way they talk about their "history" and "how they were" .... they had a couple romps in the hay, back when Hayden was far more interesting and now with the haircut she looks even more like Greenlee-lite.

• Members

Jean has been here 1 week. It takes 3 to 6 months to clean up messes and launch new stories. A great umbrella storyteller is Jean she has great instinct in what works. The show has definitely improved there are still areas it could be better.  We are very lucky she is here she is the expert people.  Let her wave her magic wand. Combined with Shelley modern take on soaps. Just trust in the process.

• Members

Yes, they are purposely snowing her. Nik told her lies about their history as a couple when she woke up.

I guess Sabrina is pregnant because the actress is and they thought the easiest thing would be to write it in. I agree that there are already too many kids on the show, but this is what soaps have become now.

• Members

Budig is delicious as Hayden. I can't wait tell she's causing trouble. She gives me SMG Cruel intentions vibes in the role. Jean created Greenlee she knows her strengths as an actress and Budig already said what a blessing it is to have Jean write for her. 

• Members

Thanks. I figured as much on both accounts. I need to pay a bit more attention to the show, LOL. I often mute a lot of it or have it on in the background. I wish it held my interest more.

I did sort of like hot mess Kiki breaking bottles and throwing a drink on Ava, who looked fabulous. Hayley Erin was actually not awful today. Why couldn't Kristen Alderson be given this material? I cheered when she left (lol) but she played nasty bitch better than sweet heroine. Who was determined to keep writing Alderson as some heroine? Starr and Kiki worked much better as the troublemaker with Alderson in the role. Some lesser actors just don't play "sweet" well and do better when given an edge to their character.

I'm glad they didn't make Valerie pregnant. I wasn't here for the inevitable poor Lulu can't get a kid again while Valerie is knocked up by her husband. No thanks. Speaking of, I liked the Dante/Lulu scenes, except for when they have the woman say "I don't deserve you". I know it's meant to be both romantic and ironic because Dante slept with Valerie, but still ... it's an awful line IMHO.

Archived