GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The banter with Maxie and the mannequin playing Nathan is cringe inducing. Young Prince Mikey Q playing mob lord is like a 15 yrs old kid doing a high school play. Michael's storyline for the last year is completely negated. Characters on GH are boring as hell or completely unlikable. Carly has lost her edge and has become a Stepford wife. I don't expect anything great from Jelly, Smart TV, Showtime production values maybe in a parallel world.

• Members

LMAO sometimes I'm blessed to forget Connie Falconeri ever existed. I hate that TPTB act like we are supposed to forget Ava shot Connie in cold blood while simultaneously begging us to love Maura West but I do have to bow at her feet for ridding us of that ratchet [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Sigh. Sonny Hospital. Again. Yay. I wish Mo had bolted with Steve and Tony. Sigh. I feel like we were so close at one point to being rid of him. The problem is he's the "star" now and has been and that's why he's getting the focus. He's been on for over 20 years. I see why, but it's all propped garbage and it never needs to be. I don't know why writers insist on telling us who to root for and why so and so is amazing. It's poor writing, to me. Enjoy your Jelly, Jonny. I predict an eventual disaster. Many wanted Ron gone, as much as I did, but you get what you ask for it and the grass ain't always greener.

alexisfan07 ... are they using any of the vets or no? Do you know who's been taping?

• Members

Ron had a ton of Sonny-dominated story too, so it's tough for me to say "be careful what you wish for." The only real difference is there's less of Michelle Stafford pretending she's in The Babysitter's Club, and more of people who already worshiped Sonny worshiping him even more.

• Members

Well, that's true. There was more going on, even if it was a trainwreck hot mess most of the time. But there were months were Sonny was a blip on the radar and he wasn't the sole focus as he is now. He really never TRULY dominated the show under Ron.

I mean it in the sense that we're back to where we were, basically, before Ron, more or less, and that wasn't what many wanted to see either, so those begging and wanting him gone, maybe it ultimately won't be a good thing. Look, I had my issues with Ron, he got a tad more vitriol at times than he deserved, but at one point the show wasn't as bad as it became under him. A solid co-HW could have done wonders and taken then burden off of his shoulders but I don't deny he also probably needed to exit. It went to his head and he was a hot mess who acted out in his writing and not to mention his Twitter nonsense. I just mean ... is the show any better now that he's gone? No. To me, it's worse. The day-to-day writing is a tad better and I think lighting was slightly tweaked and I saw them try to make an effort with direction but for me, there's not one thing on this show right now that interests me, and even at the trainwreck worst, I still WATCHED GH. The GH thread was active and discussion was going on. What's there to discuss? Everyone yells at each other and it's the Sonny and Jason and Sam and Carly show again. Just swap out Jillian and Ava with Anthony, or Faith, or Claudia, or any other villian. Zzzz.

EDIT: Yes, I know Ron wasn't "gone" for September but the show is completely different.

• Members

I guess to me as soon as they had Sonny shoot AJ to "protect" Ava, he began dominating GH again. Even if he didn't have endless airtime, the story was about him, along with being about Maura West's twitchathons. Some people said it would be his undoing, which I never thought, and sure enough, even with Ron still around, the story quickly became about how Sonny can do whatever he wants and everyone will see the light, with Michael the insta-alcoholic-and-abusive-parent nearly going under the bus for Sonny, Morgan and Kukla until, I presume, negative fan feedback got in their ears. 

I don't feel like there's been any heavy discussion here in years either. 

But if you enjoyed the show more then I can't say you're wrong. It's your opinion and I respect that. As someone who thinks GH really hasn't been good in about 20 years, give or take the individual story or episode, I can't act like Ron was the worst and this is the best. The only real disagreement I have is that the show felt any less Sonny-heavy. Maybe a little, for a while, but for me, never that much. But I think as odious as he is, the show has longstanding problems outside of Sonny, so I'm not going to see it the same way as many.

• Members

I liked Ron in the beginning but he was too much of a plot point writer and as time went on, his plot point writing got worse.  And I didn't care for all the former soap stars coming to GH getting way more airtime than GH vets. (But at least we saw the vets).   And I liked how Sonny, Jason and Carly didn't eat the entire show.  But now, we see even less of the vets and Sonny is back to eating the entire show.  No thanks. 

Isn't there someone in the universe somewhere that would like to write for a daytime soap and could come up with some new ideas?  Anyone?  It boggles my mind that ABC can't/won't find anyone.  This show is only going to get worse.  Mo is acting like Tony and we all know Frank bows down to his "stars".  Hello Sonny Hospital.

• Members

U all should be freaking grateful for Jelly amazing smarttv. Instead u are completely bitching and bitching. U all complained about Ron for so long about the camp the horrid choppy scenes the Nina pimping up the ass. It's all gone people with vets up front, darker more serious tone, ratings have gone up every week. She is channeling Guza a bit but still we are getting glory days of GH back. Our fairy godmother are here just waving their magic wands.

Archived