Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I've never been a fan of Guy Wilson, but the character of Will did not deserve to die. I was so heartbroken and angry at the show after today. I can only think of one time where killing off a young next-generation Legacy character was worth it in the long run and that was Y&R's Cassie. Every other time a show as did they eventually regretted it. Hell Y&R STILL ending up bringing the actress who played Cassie back year's later.  I feel DAYS is going to regret killing Will and wished they didn't. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course its for shock value and ratings. It is sad that they got rid of Will. How many times have they gotten rid of important characters only to bring them back…and I am talking about Days only and their continued  shock value ploy lets get rid of crucial characters for ratings.

• Members

Killing Will is a tragic oversight by the current writers. Yes, Guy Wilson is atrocious but why kill him off instead of resting the character and then recasting down the line? This is the only son of Sami Brady and Lucas Roberts. It's an insanely short-sighted decision.

EDITED: I just watched the scene, god that was disturbing, tasteless and brutal. Very tough to watch.

• Members

Do not spoil [!@#$%^&*] that happened on the show today. If people don't want to know, get out of the thread.

People on this board, I swear to God. It's almost as dumb as the decision to kill Will.

• Administrator

Yeah, it's a bit hard to believe that a legacy character like Will was killed off it such a brutal way. He's had such a huge impact on the show since his inception.  I thought Will's death scene was very well directed and the lighting was very good.  Though the music, as usual, was terrible.  It could've made those scenes even better.  Brent Nelson and Corday are the worst composers!

As if nobody saw Ben transporting Will's body.  Come on. 

Exactly.  Please spoiler tag things that hasn't aired yet and casting exits and rumours.  It's not that hard to understand that concept.

• Members

I read the spoilers about Will's death, but I did not realize how moved I was about his death. The death scenes were very compelling, incredibly tense.

When I found out that Will was going to die, I started watching YouTube videos with Will, including the video where Lucas learns that Will is his son. Watching the videos brought back all of these memories and I began to cry. I know it's foolish to cry over a fictional character's death, but there it is.

We've seen Will grow up from infancy. This death is going to hurt long-time viewers and that's why TPTB killed him off. Will is the only one in Salem who has has a connection with almost everyone in Salem They wanted people to care. To make Will's death meaningful to viewers. I think the writers will use Will's death to launch new storylines with all of the characters who have a connection with him. Lots of conflict. Such as Rafe v. Sami/Kate and the blame game given their history, Sami vs Chad...

Moving forward I guess it will be a few more weeks before Will's funeral. Even though I don't care for the character, I think it would be appropriate for Austin to go to the funeral. Just appear on Days for one day. After all, Austin believed that he was Will's father for 1-2 years. It would be nice if grandpa Bill Horton came back too. I hope that the funeral gives Will the farewell he deserves...

• Members

I wish they had put Will in a coma, to be brought back with a talented actor.  Guy Wilson's mediocre (at best) "acting" has not sold it from day one.  The relationship with Sonny turned lackluster.  I just hope that Paul does not remain the token gay with no story.  I like Christopher Sean from his appearances on H 50 before he joined the cast.  The writers shouldn't let him languish on the sidelines. Killing off the character with the most ties on the canvas may be a mistake, we'll see.

I'm expecting some ferocity from Samantha Gene, I hope we don't end up disappointed.

• Members

Waste of an important character, even if the actor was awful.

I get they need the ratings and the impact, but after living through GH killing off Alan, followed by Georgie and Emily shortly after, I just don't want to watch a town always in misery for their lost loved ones. 

Archived