Days: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dan Cosgrove needs to be commended for his performances through the character assassination.  He's an excellent, natural actor; he's aging really well and looks good on a soap.  His character needed somewhat of an overhaul but to destroy him completely just to write him out is another stupid thing these writers have done.  First, Will, then this Andre plot.....dumbass turns.  It's too bad because the creative team overall has made some impressive changes given how dead as a doornail this show has been for several years.  Aging Chase and Ciara has been so jarring and also unnecessary.  Hope doesn't need anymore teens in her life.  Reestablish Shawn and  Belle and their kid; keep Ciara her age.  If they want more teens bring Sami's kids to be raised by Marlena.

Love the fact that they are giving director Scott McKinsey the important episodes; he's a fantastic director.  They're lucky to have him.

I am enjoying the acting; everyone has stepped up their game and the outlines and scripts are massively improved.  Once again, it's the long term story line that is least improved.  Think about it: Bo/the formula, Caroline??  Will's death while everyone's running around planning a wedding and a party.  Andre and Stefano going after Hope, what does she have that they want: a plot of land with a treasure on that fictional James Reilly island where all the fake dead people went???

• Members

Oops! Sorry about that- how do I mark something as spoiler and as a hidden comment?

Also, the episodes this week were absolutely amazing! I love the buildup to the 50th, I love the respect to history with the ruby necklace, I love the production values. The acting ( especially Daniel Cosgrove, Kate Mansi, Billy Flynn, and RSW) have been off the charts! I'm so proud of Days for doing the 50th right! 

Also, I'm so proud of NBC for using a huge chunk of Tuesday's 4 th hour of Today to promote Days and have the cast in the studio! I have long said that NBC would benefit from more cross promotion! (Much like CBS uses The Talk, and well- really all if their daytime lineup) - I even thought that back when Ali was on Days & TBL that they should have had Ali host the 4 th hour for a week when either Hoda or Kathie Lee were on vacation! That would have been TRIPPLE cross promotion between Today/ Days/ and The Biggest Loser. Oh well- that opportunity has passed but I am so proud of NBC for using the 4th hour to promote Days this past week! It was very well done! (Minus the slip that Salem is in Illnios)

• Members

I really enjoyed the interview too. Lauren is quite different from Kate, in terms of personality and demeanour - Kate seems to be Lauren unleashed. 

She's coming into her 20th anniversary with the show in a couple of months - interesting to see that Lauren as Kate has eclipsed the runs of people like Linda Dano as Felicia Gallant. She's never gotten her due.

I really enjoyed the Friday episode - they did a really good job building the episode and really giving Caroline and Julie exposure and it's nice to see Hope as the centrepiece of the show, despite the fact that she's never really been the leading lady, it's very Horton centric.

Archived